shooting show

pork chop

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you all get off your high horses. Firstly I know John Bertram and he is very much a shooting man and wants to produce a good show. Newark was just not big enough. I suppect if the show moved to the NEC there would be no shooting possible due to H & S,exccept for the wanabes who could not join the army so they fire BBs at each other. The traffic chaos is a major problem as with most gamefairs as locations big enough are usually in rural locations with poor road access and no huge acres of tarmac for parking. The CLA has the same problem.

From a trade point of view I have found john very good to deal with, all paperwork passes and so on arrived when needed and he is available on the end of the phone if needed.I wonder if you understand what is required to put on and organise a show like this.

I have had a brilliant show and very much enjoyed meeting many people off here and been able to put faces to many of the names on here.

Was working the entire weekend and also had an induction for some new people at a stalking area I help run.

Didnt make it.

Maybe next year

I really enjoyed the show, not that I got to see much of it!

I was helping out Gary on the March stand and by dam were we busy!

Saturday we didn't stop from 8.30-5 with crowds on the stand all day.

Later we found out that attendance was 40% up on last year.

Sunday with the severe weather warning was quieter with far more steady groups of people coming to the stand.

I'm glad in a way as my voice had packed in by lunch time with talking to so many people.

Apart from a few grumps on the Saturday about getting into the show most people I spoke to were really enjoying themselves.

It was a very successful show for Gary, with selling out of some product lines.

The new Magneto Speed chronographs went like hot cakes, luckily Gary promised disappointed customers speedy next day delivery when getting back to base.

Personally I thought the show was superb and as Dorg said to organise something on this scale is commendable.

So well done John Bertram, I really enjoyed myself, although sadly I didn't catch up with as many people as I would have liked.

Cheers

Dave

My first show as i didn,t get to Newark last year due to work committments.

I had a whale of a time. From a trade point of view I took orders for a lot of rifles, and also rebarrels. The paint side of things went through the roof. I reckon I took orders for the best part of six months work in two days, and then there should be the jobs that filter back after people have gotten home and sorted themselves out.

Very successful indeed, and well worth all the time , trouble and money.

Great to see so many people from here, friends old and new, customers old and new , and just nice people in general. I can honestly say, every conversation was a pleasure , and thank you everyone who came to see me for a rifle, a paintjob, or just a chat.

My first show as i didn,t get to Newark last year due to work committments.

I had a whale of a time. From a trade point of view I took orders for a lot of rifles, and also rebarrels. The paint side of things went through the roof. I reckon I took orders for the best part of six months work in two days, and then there should be the jobs that filter back after people have gotten home and sorted themselves out.

Very successful indeed, and well worth all the time , trouble and money.

Great to see so many people from here, friends old and new, customers old and new , and just nice people in general. I can honestly say, every conversation was a pleasure , and thank you everyone who came to see me for a rifle, a paintjob, or just a chat.

i must admit you looked older than i thought lol but good to meet you

If I buy a computer and it doesn't work as described; I don't want to be told 'do you know how difficult these things are to make'.

I looked at what was offered, made my decision and paid in advance, as priority parking was included.

What I received was not as described; therefore the 'vendor', 'arranger' or whoever did not meet his responsibilities. This is either gross ineptitude - or worse still - fraud.

If I buy a computer and it doesn't work as described; I don't want to be told 'do you know how difficult these things are to make'.

I looked at what was offered, made my decision and paid in advance, as priority parking was included.

What I received was not as described; therefore the 'vendor', 'arranger' or whoever did not meet his responsibilities. This is either gross ineptitude - or worse still - fraud.

But but but, he's a mate of someone on here and is a really nice guy, honest guv, so that makes it all OK.

It came up short, I went to see what was going on, wish I'd brought a sandwich coz the food hall was a joke.

Furthermore as it was an indoor show, I didn't expect to have to dress for mud.

Excel Centre for me next time, it's just down the road ;)

We paid for tickets in advance with a view to avoiding the queues and the priority parking seemed a real bonus. On the day (Sunday) there were virtually no queues, traffic or pedestrian. However, on returning to the car after most had left, it did seem that it would have been dificult to park it any further from the hall entrance but not a problem.

Thoroughly enjoyed the show and great to put faces to well known names.

Very impressed by Onelesscharlies moderators and Dorgs stocks. Will be placing orders for one of each later in the year.

Baldies work is very special and left me wanting! Badly!

Of course the new BEAST from DTA was there in all its glory. Its HUGE!

Glad the airsoft bit was at the other end of the complex. Not sure about combining airsoft wierdo geekery with the real thing. Too many zombie killing kits for my liking "rolleyes"

Looking forward to the next one.

Rup

Can we get a bit of perspective here , diff between closest and furthest Parkin , minutes on foot , anyone would think some people had to park in the next county ! Wettest season for years with forecast of rain and snow at an agricultural show ground , ain't rocket science to think that your best dancin shoes are not gonna be the most suitable even if show inside ! Busy , yes but when busy means the organisers can expand next year , if undersubscribed and makes a loss it aint gonna be on next year or have the opportunity to expand next year .

If it was 40% up on expected cus of the weather on the sat then they did quite well , i think , how many can say they have not been to a few regular shows / fairs / concerts that don't turn into a debacle on the carparks occasionally and these are ones that do it regularly ! This is still a relatively new show and trying to find its feet , I'm sure they will improve next year. At least they didn't cancel like some !

On balance I think they have areas to improve but at least they seemed to get most right and im sure fraud is a bit extreme considering we actually got a discount and didn't pay any more for the chance to get priority parking. Just my opinion and not to pick a fight with any one , I just honestly thought it wasn't as bad as being indicated , rgds Ian

Just to let 243ack and others know, John is not a mate of mine, just I have had several dealings with him and always found him an honnorable man who is good to deal with. He cannot control the weather or the volume of people trying to attend. Any show of this scale in a rural location is going to have its challenges.I personnally had a very busy show, I had five of us on our stand and on saturday especially, had to speak to people in the isle due to the amount of interested parties wrestling to get on the stand.

We all seem to agree - the Show itself was good - very good.

For the other problems, we can to some extent blame the weather - it looked as though a lot of 'Sunday' visitors switched to Saturday - because of a snow forecast! No organiser can control the weather.

I must admit, I thought that this prestigious venue would easily cope with our tiny (compared to the Royal Agricultural Show) shooting show. Clearly, one vehicle at a time driving in is going to quickly create a massive back-log, blocking the road in the process for local residents. I couldn't believe the queue at 7.45am on the Saturday!

Yes, the NEC would be a great venue - if combined with say a fishing show it might be possible.

We all seem to agree - the Show itself was good - very good.

For the other problems, we can to some extent blame the weather - it looked as though a lot of 'Sunday' visitors switched to Saturday - because of a snow forecast! No organiser can control the weather.

I must admit, I thought that this prestigious venue would easily cope with our tiny (compared to the Royal Agricultural Show) shooting show. Clearly, one vehicle at a time driving in is going to quickly create a massive back-log, blocking the road in the process for local residents. I couldn't believe the queue at 7.45am on the Saturday!

Yes, the NEC would be a great venue - if combined with say a fishing show it might be possible.

Fishing show?

Not a fisherman but I think I would find it preferable to all that Airsoft dressing up stuff we all witnessed!

I think the opportunity for a bigger funshow is there, if some of the bigger players would take part.

No Edgars, no Viking Arms, no Sportsmans, no GMK...and I haven't even gotten on to the shotgun side of things, coz I didn't even look there.

If all goes according to plan, I might even get a stand myself next year.

Excel would be nice though......it's just down the road ;)

I remember going to a shooting show a good few years ago at the NEC and there was a fishing show in the other half at the same time. It was brilliant.

Can anyone remember what this show was ?

Perfect venue for it.

I remember going to a shooting show a good few years ago at the NEC and there was a fishing show in the other half at the same time. It was brilliant.

Can anyone remember what this show was ?

Perfect venue for it.

Dave,

I remember going to that one - but can't remember who organised it - it would be back in the pistol days - when there were more 'players'.

No Edgars, no Viking Arms, no Sportsmans, no GMK...and I haven't even gotten on to the shotgun side of things, coz I didn't even look there.

Viking Arms' display is handled by Team Wild now, so it was there if you looked, and GMK were there with a big stand. Perhaps a trip to Specsavers would be a good idea before the next show? Seriously, though, there was so much to look at you couldn't see it all.

Edgars could make a bit more of an effort though: they don't turn out for anything.

Archived