shooting show

pork chop

been to the show today and what a bloody night mare,you the hell was in charge of organising the trafic because they need a boot up the arse then throwing on the dole.over two hours to get off the a46 then do two mile only to get to gate three then have the gate looked in front of us and told to drive futher down the road to the next gate.when we got there nobody was there to show you where to go,bloody shambles half the day gone there wasnt nobody to even take your money to get in so saved nearly 60 quid and a lot of people walked straight in serves the organises right nope they lost a lot of money.the show was good though just need to rant a little

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to agree with above. I paid in advance for tickets and Priority parking. Ended up on far side of mud bowl, as 'priority' car park was full, and had to queue behind people paying on gate - even though advance paid tickets were supposed to enter separately.

Heaving with people: couldn't get near most stands, so left early (2pm) only to find entry barriers locked and gates to both sides wide open!!. Loads of people turning up just walked in. I will be writing to the "organisers".

'Disgusted of Desford' signing off!!.

I am afraid similar experiences to the two previous posts. In by 8.15am, priority car park already full, queues on road, etc. During show overheard security managers arguing over entrance issues, one even said we cannot cope with the numbers, there are too many people!

The show overall was good, yet even exhibitors seemed not to account for increased numbers with the show moving to a more central uk position, e.g. not having more than 1-2 tubs of certain powders such as Benchmark and H4350!

Like wise saw large numbers of people getting in without being checked/paying.

Show ground car parks will have been trashed but that is the fault of the weather!

The show has grown year on year and this year due to change of location I suspect an even greater increase in numbers, to the point that it would seem to have already outgrown stoneleigh.

A point that the organisers should be congratulated for!

But how about this for a radical suggestion. Make it a 3 day show with the first day "trade only". This hopefully would make it more attractive to distributors/manufacturers and allow the show to grow further both in size and quality. I feel the key to future growth/success is to keep the quality high and not simply increase the number of stands. We have some seriously talented rifle/gun smiths, knife makers etc let them show case their talents and everybody - trade and punters will benefit. Encourage the European manufacturers over with the over of a trade only day etc.

Merely some thoughts,

Overall with the exception of the logistics it was a good show.

got in early, not too much hassle.thank god i saw who i wanted to see first as i could not bear the crowds and queues just browsing was hard work so i gave up and left early.it all seemed too much in such a tight space.sadly i think people saw the weather for sunday and all decided sat was the day.if the organisers were working on last years figures then the weather was cruel to them if not then it was poorly organised .

I am afraid similar experiences to the two previous posts. In by 8.15am, priority car park already full, queues on road, etc. During show overheard security managers arguing over entrance issues, one even said we cannot cope with the numbers, there are too many people!

The show overall was good, yet even exhibitors seemed not to account for increased numbers with the show moving to a more central uk position, e.g. not having more than 1-2 tubs of certain powders such as Benchmark and H4350!

Like wise saw large numbers of people getting in without being checked/paying.

Show ground car parks will have been trashed but that is the fault of the weather!

The show has grown year on year and this year due to change of location I suspect an even greater increase in numbers, to the point that it would seem to have already outgrown stoneleigh.

A point that the organisers should be congratulated for!

But how about this for a radical suggestion. Make it a 3 day show with the first day "trade only". This hopefully would make it more attractive to distributors/manufacturers and allow the show to grow further both in size and quality. I feel the key to future growth/success is to keep the quality high and not simply increase the number of stands. We have some seriously talented rifle/gun smiths, knife makers etc let them show case their talents and everybody - trade and punters will benefit. Encourage the European manufacturers over with the over of a trade only day etc.

Merely some thoughts,

Overall with the exception of the logistics it was a good show.

The above would of course mean a further gamble on venue, either increase the size of Stoneleigh - if possible which I doubt, or a further shift in venue, big gamble would be NEC!?!?

I have to agree on the shambles comment. It took me 2 hours to drive from Essex to stoneleigh and then another 2 hours to cover the last 2 miles into the show. Total bloody chaos. Good show though and good to see that trade was good for most of the exhibitors that I spoke to.

I agree with maltbuck,

I got there at 0730 and still queued, and parked in another parish!

I think a trade day would be a good idea, I am new as a trader but met many today and I think it would help the show.

The show is getting bigger and if that means a bigger venue, that will by consequence will probably mean more visitors.

The NEC, that makes sense more room, central in the country, car parks that are Tarmac not mud! And they know how to do it!

After all the problems...it was good to see so many traders and more importantly so many people from the shooting community supporting them by turning up.

In the current climate both financially and politically it was a great turnout.

I didn't go, but I've yet to go to any game fair or similar event that hasn't had the same problems regarding transport, so I don't bother. Add to this the fees the exhibtors have to pay you are lucky to get a bargain these days, I won't go into what I think of the entry fees.

I enjoyed it myself. The organisation was shocking but once in the place it was good. Highlights for me were,

The Kahles k624 with DTS ret

Sporting Services with the PRS AI

Meeting Chris Parkin from Target Shooter

Third Eye Tactical

Valkyrie

Didn't spend much just bought some £10 shoe polish.

I got to within 500yds of entrance, a bit of queuing but no beef from me for that, big yellow prority parking pass in windscreen, 1st attendent "where do I go with this me duck? ," "see my mate over there", "where do I go for the priority parking cock?", " no such thing park here". Inside awfull, belly to back, shoulder to shoulder,(and I read people got in for free!!!!!) difficult to get to stands, came away with a box of 50g blitzkings total cost £44 quid. 1st time last time.

I enjoyed it myself. The organisation was shocking but once in the place it was good. Highlights for me were,

The Kahles k624 with DTS ret

Sporting Services with the PRS AI

Meeting Chris Parkin from Target Shooter

Third Eye Tactical

Valkyrie

Didn't spend much just bought some £10 shoe polish.

Oh you are mean chris, i told you where the intetesting stuff was :-)

Oh you are mean chris, i told you where the intetesting stuff was :-)

You did :-)

The Third Eye stock was impressive to be honest and had a good laugh with the guy on the stall about the air soft guys walking round in full tactical clothing.

I had a chat with Dave (Baldy) and Craig (Third Eye), spoke to Pierre at Anglo and Gary a bit later on, no chance of getting near the Sporting Services stand although I did have a brief shouted conversation with Tom, waved briefly to Mik and so the day went on. It was certainly a lot busier than Newark and even after 5 hours we had only looked at a small fraction. All of the interesting stands were 5 deep however I did speak to a couple who said people were looking a lot but not buying as much as the year before.

A trade day would be a good idea.

Arrived local at about nine , from A46 estimate the que and wait till parking was prob about twenty mins , I thought abuot average for a game fair or other event. Similar with walk to entrance 3-4 mins tops .prob about 5 mins to get in. Yes. Busy inside but means well supported by people . Good things to see and met the people I wanted to plus a drool over stuff not yet on my ticket but generally a good show ., expected no more than the usual for a game fair and not supplrised but left at half four , got to car and drove straight out , Not usual for a game fair ! Maybe not high expectations so not put out, sorry but maybe our timing was lucky . Would go again Only 1 thing , I think a day not enough to see it all cheers Ian

Overall the show was OK. I managed to get in early ( 0725 ) and i left at 1200 as you just could not move inside. The organisers need to realise that grass car parks at this time of year = a quagmire ! And who in their right mind puts a one way bridge in the middle of the main traffic route ( with non working traffic lights ! )

Highlights for me - Third eye stock system - i have now changed my mind on what i want next ! Superb ! And meeting a certain man who is going to make me a lovely mod for my SGC 9mm

The NEC would be far better and a trade day would certainly help

I didn't go, but I've yet to go to any game fair or similar event that hasn't had the same problems regarding transport, so I don't bother. Add to this the fees the exhibtors have to pay you are lucky to get a bargain these days, I won't go into what I think of the entry fees.

after being stuck in a traffick jam for 2 hours n only moving 2 miles to the show, we were sent to an unmaned gate to walk in free of charge along with 20 others ha. As for bargains...i purchased from Third Eye Tactical stand, a set of 30ml tactical scope rings and rail...for £90.what a bagain. see photo.

No real traffic jams for me.

Drove up from London on the M1 and then M45.

Satnav took me through a couple of country lanes and came out at a crossroads directly opposite the main entrance, lots of cars queueing to the right.

The steward told me to drive down the road 700 yds to car park 5, which I did and parked up within 10 mins, 200yds from the entrance.

Now, just because we are all shooters, it doesn't mean we have to go equipped for the conditions with wellies or boots.

I expected tarmac parking, not on a muddy dirt road next to a sodden field.

I didn't see many happy people on the way in.

Once in the first thing I saw was a load of Walts® in full Multicam complete with chest rich, knee pads and a Snatch Land Rover!

Spotted even more inside walking around with ear pieces "in comms" with others elsewhere.

All a bit weird, disturbing and "off".

As for the show, had a long chat with Craig about his new wunderstock and some upcoming projects, saw Baldies impressive artwork and collected a Saiga shotgun he's been holding for me, saw Andrew and Bentley at Riflecraft and finally picked up the 5 Vortex scopes I've been waiting on for over a year from those dicks at Newpro.

Had a chat with Ewen, Gav and Pierre, saw Mik, was "greeted' by the UKPSA and bumped into loads of shooting buddies.

Overall impressed with the rifle hall and nice to see loads of innovation from Brit makers.

Not impressed with queues for food.

Didn't bother with any other halls.

seems i wasnt the only one abit miffed then,the show was great though got myself a nm800 for a good price after a bit of a haggle.had to stop son and 204rem fighting over a very ugly but very cheap set of third eye rings.204 rem dans still moaning :lol::lol: had a good chat with baldie and just loads to look at next year though dont know if i could take the stress :blink:

Went today via the M1 Route no traffic but also no show sign posts had been up to Coventry on the M40 earlier in the week and the show was sign posted on the A46. Arrived at 8:15 straight in no probs but while chatting to one of the security guys he said the police were trying to shut them on Saturday because of the traffic chaos. Good show dont mention the catering.

literally just back and as last post stated straight in , bit of a walk betwean carpark and venue but nice to stretch the legs. very very busy after 11 am but a very good show onEC next year

I've not long been back, went with PCal on here.

We had a GREAT show, took under 5 hours to get there from Cornwall and less on the way back.

We arrived 10pm Friday night, pitched the tent (big grey/purple one 200 yards up from the green bridge, by the few caravans, opposite the toilet block) and woke to snow falling on the tent at 6am. Spent all day in the show, had a brilliant time putting faces to names and saw some lovely kit. Although a lot of the day I spent trying to justify to myself how within 6 minutes of entering I had brought an AI AE III in .308 from Sporting Services......I had promised myself that I would not spend more than £300 at the show!

It got busy inside around the middle of the day, but died off a bit after 3pm. We liked it so much we camped again and stayed for Sunday. Again quiet to begin with and then picked up, but still got to see everything and talk to nearly everyone I intended to.

I'll be back again next year.

Archived