New Actions Are Here!

Danpd

Santa has come early to the Dane household.

The first 9 of 20 actions has arrived, and i'm a happy bunny indeed!

8291189660_1cdfd805a9_c.jpg

8290131967_7596dc67f0_c.jpg

8291191986_b686863356_c.jpg

8290134475_37773386ec_c.jpg

8291194748_710e39bb79_c.jpg

8291195914_6ab525a22a_c.jpg

These are re-branded Alpine Actions produced for me by Jim Borden in the USA. I chose Jim's actions because of his exceptional attention to detail, and desire to produce the finest, smoothest, action he can.

No taps are used in the production of the action, even the scope base holes are Thread Milled for perfect location along the central axis.

Bolts are Ground 4140 at 44Rc, with a bolt to body fit of less than .002, and the bolt face is guaranteed to be perpendicular to within .0002

First batch includes .308 Bolt Face RH Repeaters and Single Shots, .223 RH Repeaters, And WSM RH Repeaters. Lots More on the way as well as higher end RImrocks in single shot and repeaters.

Lovely

I took delivery of a Rimrock yesterday with magnum bolt-face for one my 2013 F Class builds

Ive built rifles on numerous Custom manufacturers wares, these actions are on another level.

Lovely

I took delivery of a Rimrock yesterday with magnum bolt-face for one my 2013 F Class builds

Ive built rifles on numerous Custom manufacturers wares, these actions are on another level.

Would like to see the Pics of the Rimrock Andy if you get a chance....

There are a lot of actions available, but i have done a lot of blind testing and everyone chooses the Borden for its solid feel and smooth as silk bolt operation, I've got some very excited customers waiting for these!

Just about to leave for work, can post here later (much later) or e-mail you some if you pm me - dont want to detract from your thread,

Its polished RB RP, with cone bolt, eject and extract, carrier for trigger and pinned lug.

Just about to leave for work, can post here later (much later) or e-mail you some if you pm me - dont want to detract from your thread,

Its polished RB RP, with cone bolt, eject and extract, carrier for trigger and oinned lug.

Post away, I will be building myself a 6.5x47 on a Single shot RImrock.

Very nice mate.

Did you really have to post photos?

I was being pretty chilled about mine not being here till March untill I saw yours.;)

That logo engraving looks sweeet, but your chuffed.

How was the lead time, was it as quoted?

Anyone looking for an action I would strongly advise getting your hands on a Borden and then making up your mind.

Paddy envited me over a month ago to get my hands on some stocks and actions it took all of 10 seconds to decide and by the next morning I had ordered one.

Would have been interesting to do a blind test with the home grown action if it had ever turned up!

is it possible to buy just an action or will they be for new builds only?

These are for new builds only Mark. I cant supply an action with my name on it with no control over the quality of the workmanship that it may be associated with. If you wanted just a bare action then speak to Callum at Precision Rifle Services. He is the european distributor.

Very nice mate.

Did you really have to post photos?

I was being pretty chilled about mine not being here till March untill I saw yours.;)

That logo engraving looks sweeet, but your chuffed.

How was the lead time, was it as quoted?

Anyone looking for an action I would strongly advise getting your hands on a Borden and then making up your mind.

Paddy envited me over a month ago to get my hands on some stocks and actions it took all of 10 seconds to decide and by the next morning I had ordered one.

Would have been interesting to do a blind test with the home grown action if it had ever turned up!

Haha, thought that might get your juices flowing!

Lead time was as promised.

Yes, i guess the blind test won't ever happen.....shame cool.gif

They certainly do look good. I notice you do not have the year of manufacture on them, is this because they are built outside of the UK?

Hi Davy,

Yes, as I stated in the post these are Borden Alpine actions produced in the US with my logo on.

Rimrock as requested.

WSM boltface, the other I have on order has .473" bolt-face, but essentially both are (will be) identical twins.

_ASC0585_zps99b71143.jpg

_ASC0584_zps22925735.jpg

_ASC0586_zps8fc7fcff.jpg

_ASC0587_zpse62015dc.jpg

Fantastic quality action and bolt is oh so slick to open / cycle and close

I removed the trigger hanger for the images by the way

Rimrock as requested.

WSM boltface, the other I have on order has .473" bolt-face, but essentially both are (will be) identical twins.

_ASC0585_zps99b71143.jpg

_ASC0584_zps22925735.jpg

_ASC0586_zps8fc7fcff.jpg

_ASC0587_zpse62015dc.jpg

Fantastic quality action and bolt is oh so slick to open / cycle and close

I removed the trigger hanger for the images by the way

Hubba hubba!

Haven't seen a polished one before.

Dan

Look much better in the flesh - photographs do not do it justice.

Matt

wondered how long it would be before an eagle eyed chap would spot the logo.

Pete

Hopefully soon, although obviously after Santa's been round..

• 2 weeks later...

Dan

Look much better in the flesh - photographs do not do it justice.

2nd this a really good looking and well finished unit - smoother than a pig in marmite too

If only Dan :wub:

I have two Manners F Class stocks on order for the "twins", and was thinking of having some kind of emblem on the butt after they have been finished, the Arcteryx distressed bird may be just the thing...

• 1 month later...
Santa has come early to the Dane household.The first 9 of 20 actions has arrived, and i'm a happy bunny indeed. These are re-branded Alpine Actions produced for me by Jim Borden in the USA. I chose Jim's actions because of his exceptional attention to detail, and desire to produce the finest, smoothest, action he can. No taps are used in the production of the action, even the scope base holes are Thread Milled for perfect location along the central axis. Bolts are Ground 4140 at 44Rc, with a bolt to body fit of less than .002, and the bolt face is guaranteed to be perpendicular to within .0002First batch includes .308 Bolt Face RH Repeaters and Single Shots, .223 RH Repeaters, And WSM RH Repeaters. Lots More on the way as well as higher end RImrocks in single shot and repeaters.

They look great Paddy, shame my budget can't stretch to one.

Archived