Your longest shot...

So I am looking forward to getting my AI AE 6.5x47 and can't wait to stretch its legs, I mainly shoot at Lydd and Hythe military ranges where there are fig11 (I thinks that's there name) targets are out to 1100M. I am looking to find somewhere local that I can shoot to a mile, to practice and see what I can do.

Also looking forward to meeting a few of you at the fly shoot in August, FYI the 4th August if you need to book time off work in advance like I do.

But my question is how far have you guys shot and how effectively?

1600 mtrs Warcop, head sized rock, own built 338LM Surgeon XL and 4-16 PM11 with Sean C spotting with his TRG 338 LM and NSX who went on to shoot a few meters farther at just nearly a mile....

Fond memories of that rifle..

Best I've managed is hitting a tank at a shade over 5km ;)

(Have a nasty feeling JohnMH will be able to significantly trump that! :lol: )

F*(^ Aye :rolleyes:

Best quote I've heard is a golf 'Hole in One' at a distance of 60 miles. Except that it would be seven 'Hole in One's' from one swing. :D

Don't know what that would be in MOA but it also falls into the "Expanding Ammo" class, up to 1 mile expansion is possible if required.

I'd be interested in joining you if you find somewhere local. I only live a mile away so I hope your not shooting from home :lol:

What club are you in, 1066?

Yes I'm a member of 1066, if I find anywhere I'll let you know.

F*(^ Aye :rolleyes:

Best quote I've heard is a golf 'Hole in One' at a distance of 60 miles. Except that it would be seven 'Hole in One's' from one swing. :D

Don't know what that would be in MOA but it also falls into the "Expanding Ammo" class, up to 1 mile expansion is possible if required.

:lol:

Ha, load of rubbish, if it was as tiger maybe, but a full grown elephant at 4 miles with a 17 HMR, no way!

Its true...and it killed a zebra stood at the back of it...

Its true...and it killed a zebra stood at the back of it...

Perfectly credible- a falling elephant could easily generate 3000 ft lbs- but you are sure that this was a zebra and not one of those mythical BD horses?

PS what moderator did you have fitted,as the bullet might have been a little sub sonic by impact time...

george

Three days , pulled the trigger on friday , went off on the Monday. . Must think about some different primers soon. Or is that the wrong kind of longest ? :-)

Missed the elephant though , he'd left by then or been shot by the bugger who'd killed the zebra with a 17 hmr nearby !!

Archived