Just like to say how enjoyable the Egg shoot was and thanks to Vince and Jeanette for running the details.

Good to see a strong turnout from UKV, some with a eight hour round trip (well done Gary - for making it)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agree with all the others -a great day and some good shooting -chris[hatzi ] reckoned on hitting the egg ;) after we all had a go but no one witnessed it!thanks to vince and janette and any one else who helped out and the weather was kind.

what a great day, 192 miles each way to fire 10 shots! first time on a range and not a bad result for a southern jessie using a stalking rifle made in a shed. cam about midway up the score chart and got closer to the egg than some. scores would have been higher if my wind coach at 500y hadnt have stitched me up. and i was wearing one of the flat caps. look forward to coming again.

some pictures..... (excuse the comments)

egg positions

Oldham-20120507-00212.jpg

seal team 6

Oldham-20120507-00202.jpg

Oldham-20120507-00203.jpg

richard priors grandads bipod

IMG-20120507-00210.jpg

tightest cammo in diggle

Oldham-20120507-00208.jpg

Oldham-20120507-00207.jpg

Oldham-20120507-00205.jpg

Gary,

Some great photos - thanks for posting them.

Thanks to everyone who turned up on what promised to be an awful day but in the end it wasn't too bad! Entries were a little bit down on previous years but with the price of fuel etc......... No one broke the egg but we gave out £115 in prize money - which isn't bad for a fiver entry fee. Hopefully we can revert to the later May Bank Holiday for 2013.

Full results on the UKBRA web site but here are the winners:

100 yd stage Les Prior & Chris Parkin 39pts

300 yd stage Andy Massingham 16

500 yd stage Vince Bottomley 15

100 yds small group Darren Grundle 0.381 in.

300 yds Bruce Lenton 0.961

500 yds Vince Bottomley 1.015

Overall 1st Chris Parkin 69 pts

2nd Les Prior 56

3rd Andy Massingham 48

Best factory rifle Martin Pearns

This comp. is shot every year in America by the Hickory Gun Club - Chris's 69 pts is a respectable score.

Cheers

Vince

Yes vince shot a smaller group at 500 than the best at 300.

Guys,

Slight dollop with the scores - Chris Parkin won the 300yd with 21 pts - not Andy Massingham. Apoogies to Hatzi!

Cheers

Vince

Chris, I owe you a fiver!!

Doh :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I got a nice small group at 100 yards in the factory class but dont get a mention need to get my small group badge of you vince next time i see you pal. Oh seen the pics 2 goid puc of me im my realtree camo it blends in nicely with the fireing ponit but had a really good day bring on the fly shoot carnt wait im bringing the big 7mm rem mag :-P

I got a nice small group at 100 yards in the factory class but dont get a mention need to get my small group badge of you vince next time i see you pal. Oh seen the pics 2 goid puc of me im my realtree camo it blends in nicely with the fireing ponit but had a really good day bring on the fly shoot carnt wait im bringing the big 7mm rem mag :-P

Sorry mate,

We only give a 'factory' award for best overall performance with a factory rifle - after all, there were only two of you!

Vince

I know vince but if you dont ask you dont know :-P i just need to try a bit harder but after all its all good fun, and im learning alot about shooting at longer ranges than i normaly shoot thanks to some of your members for been patiant and helping me so at least i can hit the target board.

Archived