By the sound of it i am going to be sorry to of missed this one????.

A little bit confused as to were i fit in with this one??, as i come from north wales,,

Sod the wippit,, I would have a ewe under one arm and a tupp under the other and a ferret down me pants,,

Now thats what you call hard :lol: :lol: :lol: ,,,,

Have a good time lads,,,,

Darrel

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little bit confused as to were i fit in with this one??, as i come from north wales,,

Sod the wippit,, I would have a ewe under one arm and a tupp under the other and a ferret down me pants,,

Darrel

so thats what that lump was!and i thought you were just pleased to see me. :wub:

Darrel

You or the Ram having sloppy seconds Darrel........... :lol:

I'm gutted, I can't make it this year. :(

I even specifically booked my leave for the first half of May :rolleyes: because the egg shoot is usually the second May bank holiday. :(

I'm sure it will be but, hope it is as good as ever for those that are going.

Rich

can people come just to spectate?

If so what time is it starting

thanks

We do have people who come a watch, usually its a better laugh to see others shoot under pressure :)

Bring a rifle, fac etc and someone will sign you in.

so who's coming from down south then? ive made my 10 rounds and chrony'd the new rifle/ammo, just need to get it re-zeroed if the wind drops below 25mph before next weekend. or is that normal for northern diggle wind?

Yeah, thats normal. It can be 25 degrees everywhere else and the snow will still be coming in sideways up there. Even when it feels like there is no wind at diggle you still need plenty of windage dialed on. ;):D

You'll want to go up every year if you do go up though.

t.t, you'll wish you took a rifle if you don't

Rich

Guest richness

A timely reminder - I was thinking of putting a general invite on the forum in the next week or so.

For those who've not done the Egg Shoot - 3 shots at 100 yards, 300 yards and 500 yards (on the groundhog target) then one shot at the egg from 500 yards - easy! Absolutely NO SIGHTERS on the day.

Vince

God that sounds like my cup of tea. Can't make it this year but good luck to all who do :)

any one got post code etc for sat nav for diggle

cheers

Tom,

the postcode is pretty wide-ranging. If you have any trouble finding the place, you want to get to the Diggle Hotel (OL3 5JZ) and drive on past its frontage up what loooks like a one-vehicle wide dead end into houses beyond the hotel. It's signposted 'Diglea Only'. It really is one vehicle wide and you go around blind corners around the ends of houses - so beware in case you meet a local coming down it.

Follow that road for maybe a half-mile leaving the village behind and you'll come to a junction where you turn left (signposted to the ranges). From there just follow your nose.

Have a good time - I won't make it myself.

Tom,

the postcode is pretty wide-ranging. If you have any trouble finding the place, you want to get to the Diggle Hotel (OL3 5JZ) and drive on past its frontage up what loooks like a one-vehicle wide dead end into houses beyond the hotel. It's signposted 'Diglea Only'. It really is one vehicle wide and you go around blind corners around the ends of houses - so beware in case you meet a local coming down it.

Follow that road for maybe a half-mile leaving the village behind and you'll come to a junction where you turn left (signposted to the ranges). From there just follow your nose.

Have a good time - I won't make it myself.

Cheers Laurie

Archived