Extreme pig shooting

Wsm

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty.

I'd guess at 5.56 with frangible ammo judging by how hard it knocks stuff down - but I'd also guess that a whole bunch more of those got up a little while after wounding and the camera had moved on -but doesn't matter if you think you're a Vietnam door gunner and don't give a sh't.

How can you shoot innocent woman and Children??

Door Gunner: "easy, you just don't need to lead them so much"

Dave

How can you shoot innocent woman and Children??

Door Gunner: "easy, you just don't need to lead them so much"

Dave

:lol:

Hogs don't surf!

I went pig shooting in Texas and was given a AR15 in 5.56 and a 9mm side arm, when I questioned the effect of a 5.56 on a pig I was told, " You have 20 rounds, if it's still moving after those use the side arm"

They do things differently.

This was our guide, luckily we didn't pay, but then again we never saw any pigs.

PICT0086.jpg

PICT0059.jpg

Out of season

PICT0060.jpg

I went pig shooting in Texas and was given a AR15 in 5.56 and a 9mm side arm, when I questioned the effect of a 5.56 on a pig I was told, " You have 20 rounds, if it's still moving after those use the side arm"

This was our guide, luckily we didn't pay, but then again we never saw any pigs.

PICT0086.jpg

PICT0059.jpg

Out of season

PICT0060.jpg

He looks like a leprichon with that beard! :lol:

My point earlier. Blast F##k out of it !

Impressive shooting from a moving helicopter :ph34r:

Terry

Can you imagine that happening here!

I got this image of a group of bobble-hatted ramblers cra*ping themselves......

There is no reason an AR15 dericative would not be in .30 cal

Dave

AR 15,s and derivatives are 5.56 Dave, AR10,s are .308. Its a larger framed gun.

Come on guys, who on here would shoot at something as big as a boar with a 223 ?

BD has it spot on. He,s a Viet Vet with a mental problem.

All that vid needs is the the Trashmen playing the surfin bird. :wacko:

I did quite a fair bit of wild river hog shooting whilst I was in Africa, plus also hunted some Wart Hogs, and they are all very tough animals to kill and like wild boar they would often rather stand and fight than run.

The locals were terrified of the river hogs and would leg it as soon as they saw them, I did hear of tales of them attacking women on the way to collect water from the river near to our house.

One old local hunter used to hunt the river hog with a few mangy old cur dogs and he had the scars to show for it B)

ATB Bob

AR 15,s and derivatives are 5.56 Dave, AR10,s are .308. Its a larger framed gun.

Come on guys, who on here would shoot at something as big as a boar with a 223 ?

BD has it spot on. He,s a Viet Vet with a mental problem.

All that vid needs is the the Trashmen playing the surfin bird. :wacko:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The nearest tree stand to my house is about 300m away - over the past 15 years of being in CZ where we have boar I've shot some and watched many more beeing shot - stand hunting is not my thing. I've seen boar shot with everything from 223 to 338 Lapua. In truth in certain circumstances 50m -75m, 223 has out performed larger cals, but the circumstances are very specific - short range where the bullet can expand / tumble and cause temporary cavitation in soft non-elastic tissue (lungs etc), this requires excellent shot placement. Otherwise 308win, 300 Win Mag, 7x57, 7x64 are popular choices here. I've seen boar hit in the shoulder with a portion of lung and heart blown out and the boar has still been able (on 3 legs) to make it to cover over 100m away. Boar are not bambi. This then requires following a blood trail with a good dog - anything else is inhumane.

The video is shocking (as is the kraut video) because they leave animals to bleed out and die. The video is yanks having fun shooting pigs without giving a fu-k for the pig.

David.

i don't know how that man sleeps at night.i mean at what point would you turn the helicopter off and decide to go to bed.i would not live very long because i'm not sure i would stop to eat.then again i like hog roast.if i had to judge them for anything i didn't see any beer :lol: but from a moral stand a ground crew in 4x4 finishing and picking would be a good idea.would hate to do the risk assesment on that job tho.

I've seen many American vids where they certainly have a different outlook on their prey to us in Europe,often while they seem happy to have a first shot "hit" on their target whooping and high 5 each other in celebration while the target animal in the back ground is often desperately trying to make it's escape, I know this may not apply to all American hunters as some of them are true sportsmen but quarry welfare does seem to come second to the "shot". I do pest control for a living and no matter what my target species is whether it's a mouse or deer I try my utmost to ensure it has a swift as possible death.

:lol: He is a cute little SF-dressed chubster isn't he?! A crying pile of wobbly snot, sweat & vomit I think :lol:

I have to confess to not knowing what ICFT stands for. However, I assume it means carrying lots of heavy things: quite fast, with someone advising you of your shortcomings from the sidelines?

The chap in question certainly seems to have had a dose of tacticool. Would a short sharp dose of ICFT cure the affliction?

Re pigs, I couldn't bring myself to watch the video following the comments. My father always taught me this: 'If you must kill animals then do so quickly and respectfully'. He was a slaughterman amongst other things and he practiced what he preached. I still cannot stand to see people carrying obviously live pheasants and ducks on shoot days and will take them off the people carrying them and despatch them.

As far as I'm concerned, if you are not able to give the animal in question a quick death-as painless as possible in field conditions- then you shouldn't be shooting: end of. Those who shoot without due regard for the quarry (even when dealing with problem species) should have their weapons removed, or be confined to target shooting or be transferred immediately to the two way range that they clearly think they're on.

I really don't buy the 'the rules are different over there'. They're not, it's just a failure to utilise the requisite resources in order to deliver an effective and humane solution.

Sorry for the downbeat end to this post guys but it's things like this that are (and justifiably so) ammunition for the anti shooting/hunting movement. If the shooting community in a certain part of the world cannot act responsibly then it diminishes our standing worldwide in these days of immediate global communication.

Cheers

G

Zaitsev you are correct. It stands for Individual Combat Fitness Test and everyone had to pass one annually. Don’t confuse it with the BFT which was a lot less painful, not to mention shorter in duration.

The weight one carried was dependant on whether you were in the infantry or a support arm, REME etc. You could usually spot members of HQ coy who tended to resemble the bearded one in the photo.

Brown Dog’s description is totally accurate. :D

ATB

but from a moral stand a ground crew in 4x4 finishing and picking would be a good idea.would hate to do the risk assesment on that job tho.

Did you watch the video all the way to the end ?

I wonder how many actually watched all of the video....

Im sure there would be a few other comments if they did .!

LMAO! you've hit the nail on the head !

LMAO! you've hit the nail on the head !

You'll have to tell us - I'm old and smelly enough to decide to switch something off when I'm disgusted ;)

A guess: They herded a small bunch into a barn, threw in some grenades and then set fire to it?

Archived