This one is for Baldie

1967spud

Taken from another post/thread by Baldie

"This post brings back some great memories of one of the dogs i mentioned. He was a blue colour, and appropriatly named "Blue". A picture that sticks in my mind was him coming back over some plough with a very large hare in his mouth. He was towing his bag out, the little fella. Balls like a bengal tiger. "

www.valkyrierifles.net

My crew:

75d62152.jpg

1d4578db.jpg

They are great pictures Guys ! :)

Spud, you must have the patience of a saint mate with all those to train. :)

I,ve always loved to watch gundogs work, and i greatly admire anyone with the skill to train such an animal, for it is a skill indeed.

My bag has always been Lurchers, Terriers and foxhounds. They just work themselves basically, which is good for me, as training dogs is something i,ve never had any luck at beyond the basics.

Great stuff.

Lady.jpg

Lady, 4 year old bitch. She has 2 speeds, warp and hyper drive and she just wants to work,work,work. I regret not having pups from my previous dog so Lady has just been mated with one of Simons stud dogs so hopefully some pups will be along in due course.

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/MJR40/Lady.jpg

Lady, 4 year old bitch. She has 2 speeds, warp and hyper drive and she just wants to work,work,work. I regret not having pups from my previous dog so Lady has just been mated with one of Simons stud dogs so hopefully some pups will be along in due course.

How do you post visible pics?

Copy and paste the IMG code from your photobucket picture.

Andy

Great pics!

This is my lad, 2 and a half years old, fittest, fastest, cleverest and most trainable lab I've ever had the joy of owning:

P1000341.jpg

(Just like this pic for its 'cow jumped over the moon' feel too: )

P1000274.jpg

Good thread!

these are my two rathounds...

P1000059.jpg

he does well beating and hunting rabbits, a clever and kind little fella, albeit a bit too exhuberant

P1000060-1.jpg

she's my little teddybear, fearsome killer of all things rodent and a good tracker. Have hopes she'll be a good stalking dog.

great pics all of you love dogs don,t have any at present but used to run 3 english spaniels and 1 black lab in the feild when i was keepering in shropshire all sadly died in there turn never been replaced they are all sadly missed used to have great pleasure out of watching them work to the whistle and hand signals.

8855678109a106e8aeb785df7b8ff952ecb332af8dfd23e6c6246fe04d1d34c1920712f7.jpg

my idiot sprocker with an olympic class entry ! (best dog i've ever owned)

i vote this best picture so far , well done all and keep them coming in

My lab is 2 years old in Feb, have to say theres been some very frustrating training sessions but they seem like a blip compared to the enjoyment ive shared with the dog. Shes been a star this year (her first year) on the shoot and i wouldnt be without her now.. Not perfect by any stretch but who is!?

th_96af2891.jpg

0d0156cd.jpg

5650a4cd.jpg

7f185886.jpg

PS: im looking for a stud for her..

Is that the house boat off grand designs in the background? It was moored off canvey a few years back. i flew over it a few times and could see it from leigh on sea...?

We have got these two buggers :), only one has made any sort of a gundog, the other is the wife's pet.

Bonus point for knowing what's in the backgound of the first pic.

Henry_Wall_Small.jpg

Is that the house boat off grand designs in the background? It was moored off canvey a few years back. i flew over it a few times and could see it from leigh on sea...?

Right first time, was moored just off my house for a few weeks last year, bloody eyesore it was too.

Archived