Congratulations Ian (Elwood)

I would like to heartly congratulate Ian on his superb win of the first F class league shoot of the year.

Ian absolutely superb and it was a pleasure to have been there to watch.

Ian shot superbly throughout the weekend with his new 6mm Crusader and clinched the match in style.

He has worked so hard for this.

I've just got through the door from Diggle and I'm sure when I'm a lot less tired more will be added.

Nice one Ian

All the best

Dave

just to add to daves comments well done Ian, it was great to see you lot doing so well and dave i need to count back on your v's to double check

9 David Lloyd 342 25 v's

10 Mark Ellis 342 22 v's

Well done Ian

Glad the Crusaders running well, you must be well chuffed :) :) :)

Thanks guys, to say I'm chuffed is a under statement, some of you know how competitive I am but this was way beyond what I was hoping to achieve over the weekend.

Having had several 2nd and 3rd place detail finishes I was pleased to get my first detail win quickly followed by my second.

I so very nearly buggered it up, I shot a V bull and a 4 for my first two sighter shots on the last detail at 600 yards, I really thought hard about converting them but only being 3 points in the lead I decided not to. If I had I would have drawn with DK but he would have won on V bull count! I ended up winning by 1 point.

I know I have said this before but I'm still gob smacked by the encouragement and advice you are given by everyone, even people who are challenging you for your position.

Well done to Spud who had a really good first F class shoot and to Dave Lloyd who had a 75.8V at 500 yards earning him a well deserved 2nd place.

All in all a great weekend, and to top it off I got a sun tan!

Very well done Ian i knew you would win a comp soon ,but not with a 6mm lol thats even better .

i was convinced a 7mm would win even at short range but i was wrong .hope your not bringing that rifle to blair

seems like i missed a great weekend

see you all soon at blair ,maby

Great shooting Ian - it must feel good to build something on an untried F Class cartridge and get a great result.

I'd like to think the 6mm would still compete with (and beat) the 'sevens' at 1000 yds - hope you get to give it a try.

Vince

Well shot Ian , and the other's as well , nice to put names to face's , good weekend by all , my see you all at Blair.

Nice to have finally met you Hamster.

Very well done Ian i knew you would win a comp soon ,but not with a 6mm lol thats even better .

i was convinced a 7mm would win even at short range but i was wrong .hope your not bringing that rifle to blair

seems like i missed a great weekend

see you all soon at blair ,maby

Grant, I have a lot of people to thank, but probably none more so than you. Do you remember telling me last year at Bisley,never convert a 4 ? I'm glad I listened. Are we to congratulate you yet?

Vince, I'm definitely not using it at Blair next month, but I'm tempted to use it this coming week end shooting 1000 yards at Bisley with the Dorset Riflemen. I Have already used it at 900 yards and it shot extremely well but the weather was kind.

I now know how Ronin felt when he won at Diggle last year and how Dave must have felt coming 5th in the Europeans and 2nd in the Imperial, I suspect Grant takes it in his stride as he wins so often :)

Shooter Score V's League Points

1 Ian Boxall 363 29 20

2 David Kent 362 34 19

3 Gary Costello 358 38 18

4 Peter Wilson 355 34 17

5 Mark Daish 350 21 16

6 Simon Rogers 345 20 15

7 Hugh Inglis 345 20 14

8 Anthony Dunne 344 24 13

9 David Lloyd 342 25 12

10 Mark Ellis 342 22 11

11 Peter Hobson 342 21 10

12 Andy Wyspianski 341 27 9

13 Mik Maksimovic 341 17 8

14 Joe Melia 336 21 7

15 Paul Hill 329 16 6

16 Des Parr 329 13 5

17 Les Prior 328 26 4

18 Ian Bunting 324 23 3

19 Steve Barrett 324 21 2

20 Shaun Baker 321 14 1

21 Tony Marsh 320 14 1

22 Peter Hunt 316 19 1

23 John Howe 311 11 1

24 Danny Trowsdale 309 14 1

25 John Gardner 288 12 1

26 Ian Chapman 283 9 1

27 Glen Jones 267 10 1

28 John Campbell 241 11 1

29 Carlos Cubillo 209 9 1

30 Greg Thompson 174 5 1

31 Alan Canavan 155 7 1

Well done Ian.

PM me your email address and I'll send some photographs of you on the firing point and the prizegiving.

Laurie

PS what brass do you use as the starting point for the Crusader?

got any others piccies please laurie

Mark,

Yes - a lot !!!

I should have every 'Open' shooter somewhere, mostly Saturday 500yd. I have all the F/TR competitors bar myself and the other 13 worthies on my detail, as we couldn't get a volunteer on Sunday afternoon to use the camera while I shot with the sudden acute shortage of warm bodies to go into the butts.

Remind me, what class are you shooting, what were you wearing and what make action / colour stock is your rifle?

Regards,

Laurie

PS when I get a spare half day or so, I'll stick a full selection up on Photobucket and let people know

Well done Ian.

PM me your email address and I'll send some photographs of you on the firing point and the prizegiving.

Laurie

PS what brass do you use as the starting point for the Crusader?

Laurie, the easy way is to use Winchester 6mm Remington brass, the hard way, which I chose is to use RWS 7x57 Mauser brass.

A bit more about it

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10600

Congrats Ian. Top honours their.

Off topic but what comp could i shoot with my single shot 6mmbr?

this is what i used for this comp http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5534&st=0&p=52753&hl=spudgun&fromsearch=1entry52753

Archived