Proposed restrictions on home loading stopped

Montey

I've just watched Field sports Britain this weeks edition on YouTube on the news there was a piece on three female MPs who wanted to bring in a ban on air rifles for under 18 year olds this I knew had happened what I didn't know was as part of this  out rage and attack on the shooting community   There were also proposals to restrict home loading. Seems some people in parliament are trying to bring  restrictions on a law-abiding shooting community without consulting stakeholders or looking for evidence lead proposals.

9 hours ago, phoenix said:

The proposed amendment to restrict home loading to FAC holders has been dropped.

Cheers

Bruce

I must mis-understanding something?

Presumably after reloading they have created a round that would require a FAC for legal possession. So how can a non FAC holder reload ?

The same way a non-FAC holder can get a handgun, primers, and anything else needed to make a loud bang and send a lump of lead on it's way.....................illegally.

Pete

I wasn't aware of the exact proposal thanks for clarification 

It would be hard to argue against I gues given that no one can lawfully reload a round they aren't legally able to have.

The other piece of  legislation seemed to require an FAC to buy and hold shot gun shells at least that's the way it was reported which would be ludicrous 

Sorry Chanonry, I should have put "ie" in front of the word "illegally" at the end of my post..........it's an abbreviation of the Latin phrase "id est" which roughly translates as "that is" or "in other words"......

Re-Pete

Archived