Garden Fox - thoughts?

brown dog

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: That'll be me.

Absolutely brilliant.

And goes well with your "Wannabe Gangster" post.

Is there a third way-avoiding the Scylla of aggressive ballistics,and the Charybdis of 'born again baloney'?

Well,how about 'genetic modification'- just a tweak or two will morph the fox into man's best friend-

a somewhat reddish- brown dog !

:-)

gbal

A friend has the same issues on a regular basis. Dealt with by building a cage trap, with home made alarm system. When Charlie is captured drags cage to suitable position and finishes off with a moderated shot gun.

Kev

Thanks both - think I'd have family 'presentational problems' with a snare - he'd be shotgunnable if I get the background right - I'm wondering how to get him without sitting out all night, was thinking about alarmed bait; if he keeps coming at 2100-2130 the pheasant feathers thing sounds like it could be a goer.

BD generally they are a creature of habit, my guess is that it visits within an hour or two of the time shown.

Can you leave and outside light on dim enough just to illuminate the target area BD?

Sprinkle some dog biscuits where you have a safe back stop for a few nights on the trot and when your pet fox arrives bang on time 9.15pm send a 40grn sub into its lug hole.

Either that or come to a mutual agreement over three rounds of rock paper scissors or a thumb war, winner gets to mark territory as much as they please....

All, thanks for all the advice! :lol:

BD generally they are a creature of habit, my guess is that it visits within an hour or two of the time shown.

Thanks Ian.

Trouble is, where I think he's moving, he's too close to the house for me to react without him getting away - and if I relocate myself far enough away to get a rifle shot, I'll be firing towards the village. I think sitting out for an hour with a 12b watching noisy bait is my best chance - I've dug out an old box of eley maximum with 3.5mm shot, I'm going to see how regular his timings are and probably wait until the w/e to 'pick my moment'.

Trail cam and a 12g is the way to go. One of my friends had the same problem a few years back. The fox was coming in an hour after dark. Sat the first night for about 2 hours and got him. Shot him out of a window of one of his sheds!

Iv got a fantastic idea , invite all UKV members to your pad , we all wait for MR fox to come to pre baited area and when you give the order - OPEN FIRE ! Hey presto - fox disintegrated as humanly as possible ! OK your garden and half the village will look like that scene from predator ! We can all pat each others backs congratulating each other - then have a cold one to celebrate ! NOW WHOS IN ? :lol:

Feed it for a couple of nights, it will soon make you first port of call, you may find you don,t even have to wait until dark. Also use mince or something small scattered about so it cannot just pick it up and leg it. Shoot it out of an upstairs window , this will give you a safe backstop and less chance of being spotted. A shotgun from upstairs may well make a mess of your lawn though.

Archived