Hopefull I will make it, its usually a great day.

A question was asked in another section regarding the shoot format;

Hopefully this is correct, no doubt Vince will update if this is wrong:

No sighters,

Prone off ground(bipodmachine rest, rear bag allowed), three, five shot groups on the Fly Target over a 15 min period at 500yds.

Shot strings are marked in different coloured pen bettween each group.

Prizes for tightest group, patches for hitting Fly.

Any calibre up to and including 338LM

Two categories, factory and custom.

My 2005 target to give an idea of the size of the fly.

DSC00218-1.jpg

(rebarrelled rifles come in custom class)

Guys - If you missed the Egg Shoot, don't miss the Fly Shoot at Diggle Ranges, Sunday 15th August.

Registration 9.30am. You will need 20 - 25 rounds. Any rifle, scope rests etc. Two classes - Factory and Custom.

All welcome.

Vince

Hi Vince, Myself and Andy will be there!!!!

This is one of the best shoots in the year,,,,,

Come on fella,s this is a fantastic day out,,,

All the best Darrel

Will be there too, now managed to change to a later shift.

Dave, you taking the cannon? :(

Will be there too, now managed to change to a later shift.

Dave, you taking the cannon? :rolleyes:

Yeh....just to piss everyone else off...... :(

Yes, come up and watch, any new shooter is always welcome. If you introduce yourself, people will show you the ranges etc, and give you a general idea of whats going on. The Fly is a good day to see what Diggle is all about.

Like to say well done to Baldie who hit the Fly three times today - that rascle was surely sucker punched by those 300 grainers!!!

Several others from the site attended and a good tome was has by all , numerous members hit the fly- JMA, Darryl and Gun Pimp (I think) had to leave to come to work.

Thanks to Vince for yet again making the shoot run like clockwork.

What a day Andy !

I,m still buzzing now. It was a very good turnout for what is reknowned as a very popular, and fun day out, a chance to meet old mates, and rip the piss mercilessly. :lol:

The weather was brilliant, lovely sunshine all day, but with a tricky wind in the morning, which calmed somewhat after dinner.

Great to see several members from here, Darrel, Lambsey, Trig, Ronin, and JMA.

Jma was on his second visit only, and had a great day.

P8150013.jpg

Silly grins all round.

Lambsey and Trig getting some lead off.

P8150009.jpg

The wind played silly buggers with everyone, as it always does, but there was some very consistent shooting from a few folks.My Friend Chris parkin won the scored points part, with 150 i think. He was shooting a Remington 700 which i,d rebarreled recently in .260 rem for him. That was the custom rifle class.

Jma won the factory sporter class with his Rem 700 in .308, again, one of ours.

I won the small group , and set a new fly shoot record with my .338.

The group was 1.154 "...5 rounds...500 yards.

The small group patch i won for that is the most treasured trophy i will ever own....it meant a very great deal indeed.

P8150018.jpg

P8150020.jpg

A good many fly patches were won this year, and the standard of shooting was excellent.

What far surpassed all this, was the genuine congratulations, and cameraderie amongst all the good people there.

One or two may have noticed, but i was speechless, and genuinly moved by Vince,s kind words at the prizegiving. A man who does a great deal for accurate shooting in the UK, and who works tirelessly for diggle, and his fellow shooters. He made the day run like clockwork, as always.

Thank you Vince. ;)

What an absolutely fantastic day, the weather could not have been better.

Great to see Glen again and put some more faces to names :lol:

A top performance from Dave and many others, as this was my first ever fly shoot I was chuffed to bits to hit the fly and get a patch and also to win the factory sporter class.

Many thanks to Dave for the lift over there, and special thanks to Vince for organising a fun and memorable day.

I think I need to seriously consider applying for membership of Diggle as the venue is just simply awesome.

My Target

francejune2010180.jpg

Regards

John

The atmosphere today was great, everyone and I mean everyone had fun.

I brought along a guest (Flatnm from the site) and was detailed to the butts with Tony on the first detail - never having shot here before. Dave kindly took Tony under his wing (no pun intended) and he shot his first Fly shoot without incident.

The weather remained fine, although a gusty wind caught several out - as is usually the case at Diggle....

There were some very small groups shot given the switchy nature of the wind.

Baldys group was one of the smallest ive seen at this comp, we always have a bit of rivalry and your win was very well deserved mate.

Good to catch up with the guys from the site, apologies if I didnt speak to everyone,

Next year Dave........ :lol:

I didn't shoot but had a great day. Met a few members put faces to names. Didn't get to introduce myself to baldie though as he was some what of a celeb when his target was scored. Must say it was a tidy group.

Should be ready for the egg shoot next year.

Dave

Archived