CLA Gamefair

Wsm

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The main game fair of the year will soon be upon us

Pretty central for most of the country at Ragley Hall (Stratford on Avon) this year so who's going

Hope you all have a great time, my wife booked our hols to start exactly the same weekend, I'm gutted, haven't missed one for years............. :P

Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it. Left it too late trying to find somewhere to stay for a few days. I might go up on the Sunday but I don't like rushing around. Maybe do the Midland instead, not been there before, or I could save my money and have a good old spend up at next years CLA :lol.

• 2 weeks later...
I would rather go to the midland game fair,but to be honest they are all over priced

I agree with you there mate, if they dropped the prices more people would go ,more money would be spent on the stands in side,

its near on £100 to take a family of 4 in ,bit steep if you ask me B)

The problem with shows is stand costs, electronic payment machine hire, set up costs, security out of hours, strip down costs, dusting/cleaning all unsold stock before it is put back into a showroom, staff overtime etc etc.

I have just done a weekend show at a Steam and Heavy Horse show, over 50,000 present for my stove/cooker business, 2 weeks to prepare, 3 Ifor Williams tandem axle trailers full of stock, set up Friday until after dark, finish set up 5am Saturday, sleep on the pitch, work 7am-9pm, break down from 6pm Sunday, it was 9.30 before we got away. Then it took almost a week to get the unsold stock cleaned and back into the showroom. Of course customers coming in the week after all wanted to see stock that was sitting on a trailer!!.

Of course I did not get to see the show other than a 10pm walk round on Saturday night.

Did I make any money, frankly very little but I did spend all my time talking to potential customers about my products, it only takes a couple of them to come through with orders and its worth doing.

Did I sell anything cheap, yes a few slow moving lines and items, will I do it again, oh yes.

The only things normally sold cheap at shows are slow movers, end of lines etc. Most good stock is more or less the same price IMHO.

Shows can be very good to view new products on manufacturers stands though, scopes in particular. These days I only go if I specifically want to see or buy something,

A

me, the missus and the two pups will also be there Saturday and Sunday. Will be frequenting the same place as Zaitsev and Ratwhiskers, no doubt.

best wishes,

Finman

Friday and Saturday for me, really looking forwad to it now :blink: .

Is it a good venue?

But really hope the traffic moves a bit better than at Blenheim Palace, a nightmare! B)

I dont hold out much hope as I asked which carpark disabled parking would be in so that we could try to aproach from the right direction rather than the usual hassle of having to drive all round the show ground perimiter - was told that they couldnt tell us as they had a 'dynamic' traffic management system - sounds like it could go seriously pear shaped to me :blink:

I believe there are 3 entrance gates at this CLA. Unable to find a site map online, but there were published in Sporting Shooter and Sporting Gun - although a bit small.

I expect long tailbacks there as when the Minkhound / Ragley hall show is held there it has the same problems, although these are menat to be addressed.

Nothing could be worse than Blenheim - either time

Archived