anyone recomend a good drag bag?

Hi Guys

whts a good"value" drag bag chaps

the one that seems best to my untrained eye is the aim 50"

anything else that would be a better deal?

I have no intension of actualy draging it just want something to save me carrying muiltiple bags of crap/stuff:-P

cheers Andy

Hi Andy

I seen a few a while back when i was also looking at getting one.seen a few ,names cant remember of top of my head but none were better than he AIM bags..why i now have 2 of them..fit rifle plus all other requirements and cleaning kits.rods..id recommend them to anyone.

Mick

The AIM 50/60 are about as good as they get ...Border do a version of it, and i hear it is made by the same company ?

£120-130 should get you one that will last for ever...When is the next gamefair in your area ? thats where i got my AIM....£120 ; )

Aim are excellent bags. I bought one of the very first that John did, and its going strong still....and it gets some hammer. I have 2 of the little 40,s for the AR,s, and a 50, and a 60 for the .338. Excellent kit indeed. We sell plenty of them. Whilst folk initially balk a little at the price, once they are shown all the attributes of the bag, it sells its self.

cheers guys

looks like the aim one then!

ill measure up the 308 with the t8 on but im sure it will be sub 50"

wheres the cheapest place for me to get on is the next question!:-)

cheers Andy

John operates a policy of not undercutting his stocking retailers, which is to applauded in this day and age. An AIM bag will cost you the same regardless of where you buy one i believe.

He also sponsors the "f" lass comps with prizes, again, a rare thing today. He is a smashing guy, and a big supporter of shooting, and the trade.

thanks again guys

I hada bit of dropage on my bagged hmr wich resulted in some damage to the swift scope that it wears!(managed to open up the zoom ring slot with a flat blad screw driver :ph34r: )

if it was either of my cf's things could have been a damn site worse!

I see some mention of a extra barrel suport on the newer bags so think ill go straight to the main man then :huh:

cheers Andy

You may also consider the Arktis one. Ive had mine for three years now and it does get some abuse. It used to be american woodland pattern but it's now an improved 'British Mudland' :ph34r:

Cheers

G

bugger

just measured my rifle(the longer one)

& it come out at 48.5" with the brake on & 51.5 with the t8 fitted!

I was hoping to have the mod screwed on ready to rock wich would mean having a shed load of space left at the top if i went with the 60" bag!

If i did run a 60" bag would t be flaping back in forth in the bag or would it still stay put!

Or shall i jsut keep the t8 in a pocket & live with the fact i need to fit it on whn needed &use the 50" bag!

hmmmm wht to do..... :ph34r:

cheers Andy

the 60 will be a fine mate. i have one and the7y are quite rigid

bugger

just measured my rifle(the longer one)

& it come out at 48.5" with the brake on & 51.5 with the t8 fitted!

I was hoping to have the mod screwed on ready to rock wich would mean having a shed load of space left at the top if i went with the 60" bag!

If i did run a 60" bag would t be flaping back in forth in the bag or would it still stay put!

Or shall i jsut keep the t8 in a pocket & live with the fact i need to fit it on whn needed &use the 50" bag!

hmmmm wht to do..... :ph34r:

cheers Andy

Either way you wont be dissapointed Andy, superb bags, built to last.

Steve

All aim bags have a MOLLE system of straps that are positionable inside the case. A rifle can be strapped in 100% securely, regardless of its length. Dont worry about the extra length, its of no consequence to the rifle whatsoever.

Dont bother with the shitty Garlands drag bag.

I have 2 of them and the zips are knackered on them both ;)

ATB

Alan

to true ..shame really as they would be ok if the zips were any good and a bit more padding ,would still be a good price if they put £30 on top if they did the above work ..but like you have said they have bad zips and first bit of crud in the zip and there done for

Archived