Who has CF for vermin....? ie rabbits ect

Barrelsniffer

Hi Rob yeh my BASC runs out at end of the month but have now joied NGO Ref the pest control part is ths what you said to your FLO ?

Mick

i just asked for it to be put on my ticket and they just did it, could well be that its only a small cal is the .204 as you know or it may well be that im down as pest control .the man i do the part time pest control for can shoot neally any thing he wants with his 22-250 i will ask him how its worded on his ticket ..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i just asked for it to be put on my ticket and they just did it, could well be that its only a small cal is the .204 as you know or it may well be that im down as pest control .the man i do the part time pest control for can shoot neally any thing he wants with his 22-250 i will ask him how its worded on his ticket ..

Cheers Rob

Mick

• 3 weeks later...

Looking from afar, the whole system is farcical.

All sorts of BS "local discretion" yet out-of-towners can bring their toys along and have a go.

Very clever rules.

Chris-NZ

Guest Spitzer1

I have two CF rifles for vermin i.e. fox, rabbits (and mice if you can see 'em). Many years ago I made my request on basis of accurate range, not energy. A lot of my land has great topography and bashing rabbits across valleys at 250 - 350 is pretty easy and further on a calm day with 223 rem + handloads.

The point being that Plod actually listened to reasoned argument and responded properly. I'm with Sussex who have in the past always seemed reasonable, anyway I have no complaints. On the other hand if we were to discuss Hampshire that would be a long discussion.............

Guest Spitzer1

Another thought...My mate and me have been shooting together for 25years and he has my 223 RemVS on his ticket too. My ticket is open with no use conditions. His ticket also open using the same rifle on the same land states 'high seat only' for my 223 but makes no high seat reference to his 243 and 270! I'm Sussex and he's Surrey. There is no logic with the rules, or the inconsistency of interpretation by our various plod forces.

:D:D I don't understand, The law clearly states there is no right of appeal to conditions on your FAC imposed by a CC and yet this is BASCs fault ;):D How come?

I suppose its like getting caught for speeding and blaming the AA or RAC.

It requires a change in the law either to get the CC's to agree standardised wording e.g. HOGtFL and apply it or a change in the law relating to the application of conditions by CC's

The NGO or anyother organisation cannot help you, they'll take your money but it won't change a thing.

Trench dug and the latest kevlar body amour worn tight.

A simple thought experiment :

Imagine for a moment that someone in Cheshire that already has larger calibres on ticket applies for a .204 Ruger for vermin and only vermin. Connect the dots.... ;)

Cheers,

Pat.

Dear all,

Of course we will help members where we can; we will not simply turn our backs and walk away! Our firearms team spend all day mediating with FLO’s and members!

Some constabularies are worse then others I agree, and Cheshire is not ‘the best’ I know they do my ticket!

Fact is if you are a member of BASC and you need help then please contact us and we will do all can, if you think we have not stepped up to the mark in your case then tell us and we will try to sort it out!

As I type, Mike Eveleigh from the BASC firearms team is live on BBC TV fighting for your rights… as he was last night with Jeremy Paxman… as are several other BASC staff with local and National Media.

Of course you are free to spend your membership money on which ever organisation you think will best represent you……

David

Dear all,

Of course we will help members where we can; we will not simply turn our backs and walk away! Our firearms team spend all day mediating with FLO’s and members!

Some constabularies are worse then others I agree, and Cheshire is not ‘the best’ I know they do my ticket!

Fact is if you are a member of BASC and you need help then please contact us and we will do all can, if you think we have not stepped up to the mark in your case then tell us and we will try to sort it out!

As I type, Mike Eveleigh from the BASC firearms team is live on BBC TV fighting for your rights… as he was last night with Jeremy Paxman… as are several other BASC staff with local and National Media.

Of course you are free to spend your membership money on which ever organisation you think will best represent you……

David

I have .17HMR for vermin and Fox, and .223 Rem for vermin, fox and deer - ie Muntjac - Suffolk

Dear all,

David

As on the lead shot thread; with that fine parting shot from David, I'm going to close this thread.

This topic has meandered usefully, but keeps wandering into pops at BASC and, under current circumstances, I really think we should draw a line under this resurgence of BASC slagging.

There are one or 2 threads where slagging is taking place. Under normal conditions, such chat would be fair enough, but I think the events in Cumbria make it temporarily inappropriate .

Not intended to cause anyone any offence. So: "United we stand" etc.

:)

Archived