new annealer

baldie

Just spotted this beauty. This has none of the faults of other machines as far as i can see, and i would guess it will be freely available, as the company sells to several firms such as sharpshooter supplies, etc, who will export.

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com/2010/...-neck-annealer/

I hate to admit it but that looks like a better option than the Ken Light, depending on price of course. The Ken Light is great except it does take a while to set up correctly, and the two stems that hold the gas bottles and direct the flame are an absolute pain the ass to adjust.

If anyone is thinking of annealing a small amount of cases, lets say 50, then I would suggest using a drill or powered screwdriver.

By the time you have set the big machines up you could probably anneal 50 cases by spinning them in a propane flame.

• 4 months later...
Just spotted this beauty. This has none of the faults of other machines as far as i can see, and i would guess it will be freely available, as the company sells to several firms such as sharpshooter supplies, etc, who will export.

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com/2010/...-neck-annealer/

I tried Sharpshooter........... No export outside the USA :rolleyes:

Any more suggestions/thoughts ????

Steve

Very nice bit of kit!

Group up and buy one (you only need it now and again) and get someone to carry it back - not a licensable item.

Terry

Very nice bit of kit!

Group up and buy one (you only need it now and again) and get someone to carry it back - not a licensable item.

Terry

Great idea, not sure about the weight or size of suitcase you'd need ???

Or anyone have a good friend willing to post............I'd be willing to make worth their while :ph34r:

ATB Steve

• 4 months later...

Looks like a nice piece of kit although at a minimum price of £310 by the time you got it delivered, quite pricey

Just a thought but if you only used one torch at a time the other could be left set up for a second calibre ready to use in an instant...

Mark

I don't offer an annealing machine, however for those of you looking to anneal brass and want an affordable tool i have something that you may be interested in. The tool that i make holds the brass via the primer pockets, therefore there is one tool for small primer and one for large. The tools is made out of stainless steel and built to last a lifetime. It has a 1/4" hex end and is made to be chucked up in a drill or powerscrewdriver. There is a video of it in use on my website. http://www.customreloadingtools.com/custom_reloading_tools1_006.htm

Looks like a nice piece of kit although at a minimum price of £310 by the time you got it delivered, quite pricey

Just a thought but if you only used one torch at a time the other could be left set up for a second calibre ready to use in an instant...

Mark

MARK i think youll find its nearer 450 mate

MARK i think youll find its nearer 450 mate

Sorry mate I meant £310 before shipping and taxes, so yes £450 is nearer the mark

Mark

Are you coming to Barton Rd on the 29th? I'll be RCOing as the winmag is off being rebarrelled andI cant see it being back by friday.

/// £450 is nearer the mark

Hell, at that cost, you're better getting an inductive one and having a custom variable timer built like my gunsmith (a retired electical fitter) made for Greg, the Ed of NZ Hunter. Ultra precise and repeatable and ya don't have to shag round with gas.

It's a funny thing- the huge .338 Lunatic cases take far less time to anneal than smaller cases, say 6 secs v 11secs

Chris-NZ

The price including shipping is £387 and then add on tax.

I'm seriously thinking about selling my Ken Light in order to get the Bench Source machine.

How often do you fellows do this? I don't think I've ever had a piece of 308 go from hardening (it's the primer pockets that go for me).

Just edumacated myself: http://www.6mmbr.com/annealing.html Looks bleedin complicated to get right :unsure:

The price including shipping is £387 and then add on tax.

I'm seriously thinking about selling my Ken Light in order to get the Bench Source machine.

id be interested in yur ken light ian if you do sell it , as i am now about to order one

How often do you fellows do this? I don't think I've ever had a piece of 308 go from hardening (it's the primer pockets that go for me).

Just edumacated myself: http://www.6mmbr.com/annealing.html Looks bleedin complicated to get right :unsure:

matt it ok once youve done it it a time or two

using ackleys and tight neck chmbers you would need to do it at times

Archived