Best Wishes

Wsm

I've been speaking to Col48 today and it appears that he's taken to falling off his bike and breaking bones which will put him out of action for quite a while ;)

Heres wishing you a speedy recovery Col B)

Hi Col,

I really do wish you a speedy recovery. I had to have my leg pinned 4 years ago and I know what you will be going through - although you probably can't see the light at the end of the tunnel at the moment, you will get back to normal.

Where did you come off your bike?

I have also spoken to colin, he has very limited internet access at the minute. He came off a motorcross/enduro bike doing a jump. If you have seen the size of the lad the landing must have been a sight.

Wishing you speedy recovery matey. #

Dave

I have also spoken to colin, he has very limited internet access at the minute. He came off a motorcross/enduro bike doing a jump. If you have seen the size of the lad the landing must have been a sight.

Wishing you speedy recovery matey. #

Dave

Sold mine 6 months ago , as i was getting to old B)

Bought a road bike instead ;)

wish you a speedy recovery :D

Thanks chaps

i have broken my fibula bone and displaced my ankle all so ripping the ligaments.

the cure was a 3 hour operation and a plat and 10 pins.

i had the crash on Sunday morning and i was up your way baldie.

(And yes baldie i have found that as time goes by your ability to bounce goes as well, at 42 and of small stature (22 stone and 6/4" tall)

I managed to fall off in probably the worst place to get someone out, when the first aid arrived they said how are we going to get you out from here. my reply was i dont think you will want to be carrying me out :o

he said he had the air amberlace on stand by :o

but we decided to leave my boot on and i asked them for a quad bike and jumped ( hoped :P ) on the back.

what a great bit of kit them 4x4 quads are, it made very light work of a very heavy situation. ;)

i got out of Airedale hospital on tuesday night,and was in the qmc on wednesday and again on Thursday.

but i don't have to go again till next week.

i can not believe how hard it is to do everything when you can not put any weight on one leg.

i have just got my helmet cam arrive,its a shame as if it had came earlier i could have had a bit of good footage for you all to have a laugh at.

all so for all you lot that have done something similar, did you hear your bone brake with a loud crack as i did??

thanks for your best lads

ATB

Colin :D

Sounds to damn painful to me - gave up bikes years ago & this is one of the many reasons why

Shooting is such a more sedate pastime and causes a lot less pain- unless your charlie of course

Get well soon Col

Thanks chaps

i have broken my fibula bone and displaced my ankle all so ripping the ligaments.

the cure was a 3 hour operation and a plat and 10 pins.

i had the crash on Sunday morning and i was up your way baldie.

(And yes baldie i have found that as time goes by your ability to bounce goes as well, at 42 and of small stature (22 stone and 6/4" tall)

I managed to fall off in probably the worst place to get someone out, when the first aid arrived they said how are we going to get you out from here. my reply was i dont think you will want to be carrying me out :o

he said he had the air amberlace on stand by :o

but we decided to leave my boot on and i asked them for a quad bike and jumped ( hoped :P ) on the back.

what a great bit of kit them 4x4 quads are, it made very light work of a very heavy situation. ;)

i got out of Airedale hospital on tuesday night,and was in the qmc on wednesday and again on Thursday.

but i don't have to go again till next week.

i can not believe how hard it is to do everything when you can not put any weight on one leg.

i have just got my helmet cam arrive,its a shame as if it had came earlier i could have had a bit of good footage for you all to have a laugh at.

all so for all you lot that have done something similar, did you hear your bone brake with a loud crack as i did??

thanks for your best lads

ATB

Were you up at 'the desert' Col?

Were you up at 'the desert' Col?

Hi Gary

Dave is right the desert is at mansfield.

i was at gisburn racing in a 2 / 1/2 hour enduro.this is my first season, and this is what i ride just a few mods that are not shown in this pick.

450_EXCR_09.jpg

ATB

Colin ;)

First off, best wishes Col48.

Secondly, yes. I had Tib/Fib compound fracture from drunk driver while on my bike quite a few years back. Heard the snap just before smacking into the hood (bonnet) of the truck that pulled out in front of me going through an intersection, and blacking out. Didn't realize it was compound though till I woke up in the gutter (water running down my back brought me around) and tried to stand up. As I was getting up, I remember looking down and seeing white shards sticking out of my leg and foot, wondering "now what crap did I roll into?". About that time I saw the blood beginning to soak through my trousers and leaking out of my left boot. That's when I decided "Hmmm, I think I need to sit down a spell and catch my breath". :o

Too old to go through that again (still missing a chuck of bone in my tibia, even after electrolysis treatments).

Oh, to 24yrs old again...not! ;)

Speedy recovery Col.

Your right sadly we don't bounce as well when we get to 40+

Cheers

Dave

Good recovery Col48... I have had the (unfortunate) pleasure of rehabilitating folk who have had motorbike accidents, and hope that you recover with no problems!!

best wishes,

Finman

Hi Col,

Nice bike - I have always had road bikes and track racing bikes but I got Spencer ( with the help of Chris Walker ) a KTM60SX when he was 10 and it was a fantastic bike.

Anyway , hope you make a speedy recovery and don't let it put you off !

Sorry to hear of your plight Col. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Those big 4-stroke singles are serious weapons and according to a mate who's still into it, a high proportion of even the good club riders end up wiping themselves out eventually. Sold my 250 dirt bike after a relatively minor crash, the bummer being I landed on my left elbow and copped a bursa right where the weight of the fullbore rifle sat. No shooting for several months..

Sold the road bike as well last year. Couple of minor scares only but as everyone says, you take a lot longer to heal when you're older and besides that, I can't afford time off work with a ten week waiting list

Chris-NZ

Hi Col,

Nice bike - I have always had road bikes and track racing bikes but I got Spencer ( with the help of Chris Walker ) a KTM60SX when he was 10 and it was a fantastic bike.

Anyway , hope you make a speedy recovery and don't let it put you off !

I all so had road bikes

R1 X2

GSX 1000

R6

zx600

zx 900

i will not let it put me off unless it keeps happening as i do have to work some times :lol:

i think it is going to be a long couple of months, im all ready fed up with the box (tv)

ATB

All the best Colin,

broke the smaller one of the two a few years ago, can't remember if

that is the fib or tib. One week of pain, then out fishing on the rocks.

We got plastic plaster materials from the vet to make the cast stronger.

Worked a treat till I fell in a puddle.

Had a full leg cast years back for a knee rebuild, cast was on for 9 weeks.

You'll be out and about soon.

hang in there

edi

Archived