2 hours ago, Steven Taylor said:

Has anyone tried n150 with eldm 140/147s

That powder would be a great choice and could be paired with either projectile, it would be a good base for starting load development in the gun.

The Vihtavouri load data for 6.5 Creedmoor is here: https://www.vihtavuori.com/reloading-data/rifle-reloading/?cartridge=95.

I note that, in that bullet weight range, N150 gives 150-200 fps less velocity than some of the other candidates. So unless there are other reasons for developing a load using that powder, it is not an avenue I would pursue. 

Triffid

14 hours ago, Cornish-Viking said:

Do you have more info on the Norma 204 with 139g scenars? 

You’re best bet is to take a look at the Norma load data on line and work something up based on your rifle. I found a load around 42 grains to work well in my 26” barrel with 1:8 twist. Start low and work up looking for pressure signs as you go.

CCI 450 primers in small primer Lapua brass by the way.

On 6/30/2023 at 12:18 PM, SMLE said:

You’re best bet is to take a look at the Norma load data on line and work something up based on your rifle. I found a load around 42 grains to work well in my 26” barrel with 1:8 twist. Start low and work up looking for pressure signs as you go.

CCI 450 primers in small primer Lapua brass by the way.

Thank you for that. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've only just go my Sabatti STR FC chambered in 6.5mm creedmoor. I've bought 500off ELD Ms because they have been soooo good in my .308 and .300wm Sabattis. I would prefer to use RS powders, but as that is all going to put holes in Putin's followers I've bought 3 kilos of N555. I have got some N150, but as I'm starting from scratch it seems sensible to use the powder specifically produced for the calibre. I'll be starting the load development Saturday week in the 100 yard tunnel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/21/2023 at 7:48 AM, Steven Taylor said:

Thanks all

That's given me some idea of where I need to be

Has anyone tried n150 with eldm 140/147s

Thanks again to all who replied

Regards Steve 

Tried the 147gr ELDM in my Tikka A1 and they were only just behind the Berger Hybrid but a whole lot cheaper. I didn't stay with them though as they were hard to find at the time.

Currently on Lovex S070 with 139gr Scenars doing a good job.

Will try N150 when we eventually get it available again.

On 7/23/2023 at 10:24 PM, Adamdavi3s said:

Ramshot hunter , lapua SRP, eld-m 147s

4.5sd, literally one hole At 100 and good to about 1200 

surprised the hell out of me, but superb powder and seems to be pretty temp stable as well 

Hunter does seem to be very under-rated over here. Did good work with 139gr Scenars and 140gr SMKs but a bit of a bugger to clean up if you happen to spill any!

9 hours ago, GavinM said:

Hunter does seem to be very under-rated over here. Did good work with 139gr Scenars and 140gr SMKs but a bit of a bugger to clean up if you happen to spill any!

Hahaha! 
my carpet is full of the damn stuff