Wanted: Tiscali Reviews

Oly

We're in the swing of moving house and using this oppurtunity to review our broadband supplier. The phone line at the new house is disconnected and if a good package includes phone & tv deals then that would be great.

I'm currently considering Tiscali deal - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/tv/premi...srccode=COD_592 - as Tiscali can also reconnect the line very cheaply compared to BT too.

Now I know there are a fair few bad reviews of Tiscali out on the web - but people generally only write reviews if their annoyed, so please keep this to if you have had direct experience with them, but if anyone does have any direct experience your comments would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Oly

Think about it, they just sub-let from BT, if any thing goes wrong its not a Tiscali team that swings into action. We tried it and it was very poor. Terrible service and they had to ask BT for assistance whenever things went wrong (we live way out in the sticks). Then when we went too try and ditch them they had "flagged" the line and it cost £130.00 for them too give BT "permission" to unflag it. JMHO, don't go there.

enternet are good

at the moment i am using orange which is baddddddddddddddd but i am in a contract

Been on the Tiscali combined internet and telephone package for nearly 2 years (I think), not really had any problems to complain about.

I had an issue with the internet link dropping out when making calls occassionaly, this may be down to the router I have rather than the Tiscali service, also found that twice I was unable to get any web connection, this was sorted quickly over the phone with customer services (In India)

Overall, they seen no better or worse than any other provider.

We're with Tiscali.

We've had absolutely terrible customer service. As soon as something goes wrong then you have to speak to a call centre in India who have no idea what you're on about and just read from a flow chart.

We'll be moving as soon as our contract is up.

Cheers guys, keep them coming if there are anymore. From what I have heard from friends/family as well ason here so far it seems luck of the draw whether you get good service or bad!! :)

been with tiscali for a year or so and had no problems, my parents are also with them and had a drama getting a new router when theirs started playing up. When the maintenance bloke came out he said that the standard issue tiscali one is cheap, crap and that they used to give the model out he replaced the old one with. That said, i was with AOL prior to tiscali and they were ok too.

From what i can gather the large ISP are fine until you have problems, then they dont seem too interested to help.

suppose i would put up with that because they are cheap

Guest Sprags
We're with Tiscali.

We've had absolutely terrible customer service. As soon as something goes wrong then you have to speak to a call centre in India who have no idea what you're on about and just read from a flow chart.

We'll be moving as soon as our contract is up.

Ditto!!

I have been with Tiscali since I got my computer in 05 and

have line rental , phone and broadband with them .

This month I had NO broadband for 4 days and again recently off for 2 days .

I had 3 attempts to get on line today before success .

The lady in India told me to get my computer looked at when I eventually got through to her !

I have demanded a MAC code to change provider as I can do without this nonsense .

Perhaps BT as line provider will be a better bet .

Min. speed is 6.2 Mb. and max is 7.8 Mb. currently which is OK though .

HWH .

I'm really a techno-phobe so speeds mean nothing really, though bt aren't perfect they keep me on-line and when it breaks or stops they have it done in a day. We,ve been cut off with storm damage several times, get to a phone report it and its sorted. The broadband has not failed either, 3yrs at this place now.

Further to my original post

Their customer service is good - until something goes wrong.

When they're signing you up for a new contract you get to speak to a helpful, pleasant woman in the South East. But when things goes wrong, you get transferred to some god awful call centre in India where you have the pleasure of speaking to the most rude and incomprehesible people imaginable.

You'd be talking to the staff there when suddenly the line would go dead. You'd be promised a call back but wouldn't get one. Every time I phoned about the same problem, they made me go through the checklist before they'd discuss it (even though I'd done it many times before for the SAME problem). Then, once I'd done their stupid tests for the millioneth time - they'd hang up.

Basically, I hate them :o

I'm with them an movin soon so will be conducting the same exercise.

Their email layout is sh*te it really annoys me as it isn't MS Outlook, my broadband is only at 1.1gb which is Sh*te and it dumps me out when the phone rings.

Sometimes you just can't log on especially in the day so there going but, if not Tiscali then who fella's?????

Guest Sprags
Got my MAC code and changed over to `btinternet` today .

Should be completed on 11th May .

HWH.

I'm considering the same move Stag, please let me know how the changover goes if you don't mind.

Regards,Sprags

Haven't heard many good things about Tiscali. I'm with Plusnet on a broadband and phone package for £18 per month, good connection and speed, uk call centres, no junk mail. Have a look on moneysupermarket as Plusnet always seem to do well in the reviews. ATB Gareth

• 2 weeks later...
When they're signing you up for a new contract you get to speak to a helpful, pleasant woman in the South East. But when things goes wrong, you get transferred to some god awful call centre in India where you have the pleasure of speaking to the most rude and incomprehesible people imaginable.

Now where have I heard that one before........................Ahh....TalkTalk.

Being with TalkTalk for the 18 mth period which your bound by, be leaving soon, absolute SH$TE, dropped connections, they have lost ALL my emails, no phone backs, customer service non existant, sick of talking to someone I've got to strain my ears to understand, & sick of repeating myself over & over to them.

To top it off, they are LLU....after your 18mth period, if you want to change to BT say, it'll cost you £60 or there abouts to do it, keep it in mind.

Beware OLY......TalkTalk have bought Tiscali out,

Now you can emagine what it'll be like now,

BJ.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have moved................. three weeks ago and only today did those wasters at Tiscali manage to get my broadband connected even tho' I informed them of my move almost six weeks ago. Bunch of T**s*rs. Got my MAC code today and am changing as fast as I can.

To add insult to injury they only offered £10 off and when I said I haven't been connected for a month how about not another bill until I change providers did they up their offer to a months free rental, IF and only if I committed to stay with them for another year. I asked them to record my response as they may not get the full rant and effect first time round ;);)

Tiscali are a complete bunch of wasters......................... never never again.

Any good ones out there fella's

Guest Sprags

Tiscali have never been any good, but, that said my download speed has increased to 2mb, I could only ever get 1mb before. Whether this is anything to do with Talk Talk I do not know!

When I was with Tiscali my speed was 6.4 to 7.8 Mb. which was OK.

I was off for 4 days and 2 more days then could not get on again.

When I complained I was answered by some woman in India who told me to get my computer looked at !

BT had been trying to get me back from Talk/Talk for the phone and sent me some info. offering a new wireless hub free and half price broadband for a while. [ A few days later Tiscali was taken over by Talk/Talk.]

I took them up on it and got a young expert to set it up for me.

Tiscali lost all my stored E.Mails etc which was a bloody nuisance as I had some spicy stuff stored there !

All is well here now with BT and it is much easier to send mail than previously.

HWH.

Tiscali is TITS! Started on this but luckily somebody told me that not all broadband was like this or I would probably have given it up as a bad job.

Bt broadband now for a few years and no problems.

Pete.

Tiscali lost all my stored E.Mails etc which was a bloody nuisance as I had some spicy stuff stored there !

Wasn't Tiscali who lost them Stag, it's TalkTalk, they lost all mine months ago, haven't even given an explanation YET !!!!!!

BJ

Wasn't Tiscali who lost them Stag, it's TalkTalk, they lost all mine months ago, haven't even given an explanation YET !!!!!!

BJ

I'm with Zen Internet and I haven't a bad word to say about them. One month contract, never have been down in the 2 years that I have been with them and they are the least obtrusive company I have dealt with. English call centres (on the one time that I needed them, nothing to do with the connection), and all is swimming with them boys. No wonder they are the WHICH magazine best provider for years now...

best wishes,

Finman

Archived