Delta rifle scopes.

moonfleet

Just wondering about the above rifle scopes I have been looking at them for a while and wondered if anyone uses or has any knowledge of this brand they come with ten  year warranty so that’s a good start but what would they be like with n/v add on I currently have a sightron stac any thoughts.

1 hour ago, moonfleet said:

Just wondering about the above rifle scopes I have been looking at them for a while and wondered if anyone uses or has any knowledge of this brand they come with ten  year warranty so that’s a good start but what would they be like with n/v add on I currently have a sightron stac any thoughts.

I have a Delta Stryker ED and it's excellent for target shooting;  excellent tracking, crystal clear glass, good reticule.  Compares favourably with my Nightforce Competition.  I have no experience of using in low light or with n/v. 

On 3/24/2022 at 12:17 PM, moonfleet said:

Just wondering about the above rifle scopes I have been looking at them for a while and wondered if anyone uses or has any knowledge of this brand they come with ten year warranty so that’s a good start but what would they be like with n/v add on I currently have a sightron stac any thoughts.

Have had Stryker 4.5x30 and 5x50 since they came out, cant fault them for the cash. Both work with rear addons in my experience, this was NV007 on the back of the 5x50 https://youtu.be/JmJqQblcI9A

Use a 4.5x30 stryker and the same in a javelin both the ffp versions. I actually prefer the ret in the javelin. It’s slightly finer at full mag. Both track great and the glass in top notch for the money. They both also work great with a pard 007 paired with a Solaris IR. 34mm tubes so I opted for tier one rings with the picca top ring on both so I could easily mount the IR torch. 

+1 on what everyone else says, I use a 5 -50 x 56 on my rimfire for long range, because it has a huge elevation adjustment (100 MOA), on a 30 MOA rail I can dial out to 400yds.  Crystal clear and, a bonus for my aged eyes, huge numbers on the turrets.  Solid piece of kit, though I should add, only had it for a week so these are first impressions.  (I was looking for an IOR, that would have given me 120MOA at £1k more and with a 40mm tube but I think I lucked out getting this, thanks to OW for the advice).

• 2 months later...

Only had the Delta Titanium. A few issues with it but minor for hunting purposes.  The one I had was the Delta Titanium 2.5-15 x 56.  Was one of the first I think to try one when OW started importing them. Excellent centre to 3/4 image glass...up there with several from Zeiss and swaro that I compared it with BUT noticeable chromatic aberrations showing as a tell tale yellow fringe making margins blur out.

Turrets were, frankly, crap.   Caps definitely needed leaving on in the field as they would turn way too easily and lose zero at the slightest brush thanks to a crudely simple and undersized o-ring retainer but clicks were positive and tracking good.  My main beef was with pricing.  They started out as offering excellent value, and really were in almost premiere league for low light use but as popularity rose, so did the price, way beyond what I Later thought they were worth.  IMHO they were eclipsed by the Gen 2 Vortex optics for not a lot more.  Made in the same factory were some of the Bushnell scopes, and whilst I still have the tank-like build Bushnell Tactical Elite on my .308, I no longer have the Delta.  

A wise man once said only a rich man can afford to buy cheap glass;  in this case he was wrong as the Delta offered decent enough performance at the price but as the price rose, the niggles became unviable at the new price points and only a rich man could afford to blow money on the Titanium when it was bettered in quality by the likes of Steiner's Ranger series and Vortex offerings.  Can't speak for other models, just the one I owned.

I've been using the gen 1 Delta Stryker 4.5-30x56 and 5-50x56 on my PRS and ELR rifles, respectively.

They have served me well: couple of first place ELR trophies (in minor comps). Same can't be said for PRS: mid-table placings. Scope is absolutely fine but it can't compensate for wobble! 

Did Tall tests and box tests: tracking is true/repeatable and reticles not canted.

My only complaint is the parallax adjustment could be less stiff and finer at long range. It doesn't affect performance, though.