• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/17/2022 at 2:26 AM, 20ppc said:

Cheers Anthony,

Is the mount the updated one that Ian Blackwood was talking about or the original?

Hi 20ppc,

The mount Anthony used on his rifle is not the updated one as we can see from the picture. We have a new mount with much better overall design with hex-nut. We will start shipping next week to Ian. Feel free to contact him if you are interested in our thermal scope but has bit concern on the mount. 

Cheers

Thank you guys all for your valuable attention to Senopex thermal scopes.

I know we are new to the UK market, and we do appreciate all the feedback on our units. After generating feedback and reviews from many users in the UK through Blackwood Outdoors, the scope is now recognized as the 'best thermal scope for long-range and target details in the market'. The 384*288 models of Senopex even win the competition with those 640*480 units concerning 'target details.' It is not something we are exaggerating on the specs sheet but real feedback from customers who tested it in the fields.

The breakthrough Senopex is making is that we are the only manufacturer globally to introduce a higher-than-market base optical magnification without reducing image quality. That's why you see the A7 and A5 have 7x and 4.5x magnification but still have beautiful imagery with the best target details in the market. The unit is also made by aviation-grade aluminum alloy for the whole body and has passed the MIL-STD-810 equivalent standard with a genuine certificate, making it the only one in the market in military standard but with the commercially available price. The units could endure larger caliber weapons with confidence, so feel free to try shots in long-range with large calibers if you want.

Thanks Anthony and Bruce for your tests and feedback. Also Anthony, you thought the mount was the updated one because we fast react to users' feedback. We started to design, prototype, and manufacture the new mount immediately after receiving the feedback from Ian. 

Senopex is not 'another' thermal imaging products manufacturer. We know the scopes are not perfect so far, and we always strive to the highest standard of user experience from all aspects.

Cheers,

Alex from Senopex

9 hours ago, Senopex UK said:

Hi 20ppc,

The mount Anthony used on his rifle is not the updated one as we can see from the picture. We have a new mount with much better overall design with hex-nut. We will start shipping next week to Ian. Feel free to contact him if you are interested in our thermal scope but has bit concern on the mount. 

Cheers

Hi Rich,

No problem at all. Happy to help.

It shouldn't be confusing, but that's the state of the industry where everything is better than everything else apparently. 😖

Just trust your own good judgement, eyes and properly independent advice. The FB promotional staff and shills should be discounted...but can be hard to spot.

Good luck!

Cheers

Clive

15 hours ago, Senopex UK said:

Hi 20ppc,

Cheers

Thanks for the information 

Nick

17 hours ago, Senopex UK said:

Hi 20ppc,

Cheers

Ok, happy to hear that but the mount I currently have is different to the one fitted to the first A7 that I tried as Ian leant me one to try in December last year, this mount was of a different design and had hex nuts fitted.

I trust that existing users will be offered the updated mount as the current one is not up to the job of holding such a large scope securely in place?

Will you be addressing any of the other issues that I bought up further up this thread?

Otherwise please keep up the good work, your scope has the potential ability to be a real winner.

Hi all 

just got back from the show and was mostly disappointed with the offering s available. My first choice from previous post didn’t come up to what I expected, and I knew more about the buttons than those demonstrating it . So that’s off the list . Pulsar was not on my shortlist but was surprised at the thermion  2 xp50 . 

A note to Nick 

how’s the t ceptor compared to pulsar if you have any info . How do you rate your thermal ?? 
thanks everybody 

Richie

I'm basically on your doorstep in Hartlepool. So I will take you out, if you wish and show you some proper thermals in action.

I have the A5 and A7 here..

Anthony the first mount was a prototype, revised option with 20MOA built in, the new mount will be sent out soon, it's slightly lower with a much more durable bolt system that allows consistent torquing also..

Ian from Blackwood Outdoors 

5 hours ago, Richiew said:

Hi Ian 

Thanks very much for your offer . I have a day off work on Friday 4 March if that’s convenient. Seen your postcode on your web page so easy to pop over . 
cheers Rich 

Just drop me a text message Richie... 

New firmware on the way too at some point that further enhances detail..

You will get no BS from me....

Ian

On 2/20/2022 at 3:45 AM, AnthonyR said:

Ok, happy to hear that but the mount I currently have is different to the one fitted to the first A7 that I tried as Ian leant me one to try in December last year, this mount was of a different design and had hex nuts fitted.

I trust that existing users will be offered the updated mount as the current one is not up to the job of holding such a large scope securely in place?

Will you be addressing any of the other issues that I bought up further up this thread?

Otherwise please keep up the good work, your scope has the potential ability to be a real winner.

Yes @AnthonyR, we will never stopping working on the issues and all the proper feedback will be carefully considered for a better product. 

Thanks again for your test and attention. 

18 hours ago, Mini Magnum said:

Just drop me a text message Richie... 

New firmware on the way too at some point that further enhances detail..

You will get no BS from me....

Ian

Thanks for reply I’ll text to number on the web to meet up prob Thurs night . Cheers 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all 

thanks for your input and views. Looked a lot at all the videos I could find and was really impressed with the 55-6 . Worked out the magnifications / pip images and went for the higher spec scope ordered the T ceptor 55-6 tonight . Cheers 

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies about meeting up, I've been very busy this month..

I don't want to upset you but you do realise people who have owned the top end T-Ceptor now have them for sale after buying the Senopex which is £1.5k less money. It offers lots more target detail and sharpness at range..

That and your looking at potential warranty issues in the future with the TCeptor as it's actually produced in Belarus all the parts...

I had a look through a T Ceptor about a week ago, I was totally blown away by it, amazing detail. Admittedly it was only  put against a couple of early Pulsar spotters and a new Iray spotter which was actually very good, but in my opinion the T Ceptor left them all for dead (which it should). I was also very supprised by the small size of it .

I've read a lot about people going back to digital and tubed night vision after not being able to get good target recognition with thermal rifle scopes, so I have been some what skeptical about such scopes, not anymore.

There's a heavy price and regrettably it's to much for my pocket, but Im glad I looked through one.

4 minutes ago, ukhornet said:

yes i would like to look through one for comparison too

I’m just outside Northampton, I have both the Senopex and the T-Ceptor Pro 55-6 that I would be happy to show you.

Regards

Nick