.22 bolt handle

brown dog

Well, in these days of sh1te, thought I'd share something that is unexpectedly brilliant  - I recently rebought a .22 I'd sold years ago.  Whilst 'away' the new owner had a mini-badger bolt handle fitted (by Baldie, I think). A posh bolt handle on a .22 is something I would never have thought of doing.   Yet, the effect is bloody brilliant... it transforms the feel,  handling and look far beyond anything I would have imagined.  

IMG_20210211_161103_654.thumb.jpg.304143735af3cc9d63a4a95deade95bd.jpg

That is all 😊

4 hours ago, brown dog said:

Well, in these days of sh1te, thought I'd share something that is unexpectedly brilliant  - I recently rebought a .22 I'd sold years ago.  Whilst 'away' the new owner had a mini-badger bolt handle fitted (by Baldie, I think). A posh bolt handle on a .22 is something I would never have thought of doing.   Yet, the effect is bloody brilliant... it transforms the feel,  handling and look far beyond anything I would have imagined.  

IMG_20210211_161103_654.thumb.jpg.304143735af3cc9d63a4a95deade95bd.jpg

That is all 😊

It was indeed done by Baldie.
I wasn’t sure it could be done at all, but as always Dave made short work of the job 👍🏻

They are available from Target Rifle suppliers such as intershoot    ahg Anschutz Round Bolt Handle (intershoot.co.uk)

I think DIP, referenced above, also do one. Most Anschutz bolts have an eight mm thread(-). It is usually hard to get the old bolt off as they are epoxied as well as screwed on. Heat some times works but my attempt resulted in the disintegration of the old plastic knob . New one just screwed on.

Well I can confirm accuracy has not improved with the shiny add on. Which is strange as everyone knows that things are better with shiny bits on them 😂

but this morning I did manage to pop off 

3 woodies 

4 rooks 

1 magpie 

2 squirrels 

1 bunny 

It’s better than the horrible ball knob  type IMO