5 minutes ago, banus02 said:

bullets NOT BULLET HEADS 

😂  I'm with you on that.

Mind you, the late Steve Jones of Trent Firearms once told me that he ordered 10,000 .308 bullets from a well known wholesaler and was surprised when the courier started bringing in the boxes of ammo!  Turned out they had a new girl on sales....

At least with heads we all know what is meant. Language evolves. Recon we are at 50% that call the bullet a "head". Sit's on the neck where a head is supposed to be. Problem is they named the bits on a cartridge wrong day one. This will therefore never go away until fixed.

edi

The bullet, is the projectile fitted, to the Cartridge.

I,ve never understood the argument around calling them bullet heads....there is no such thing, and never has been...

23 hours ago, Happy plinker said:

Thank you ejg223. The others knew what I ment but seem content for a pile on, what ever floats your boat guys. I won't loose any sleep over it. If they have anything constructive to add ill take it on board if not ill just ignore them.

Don't feel picked on- this happens everytime someone says 'heads' 😂😊😊  - the ringleader used to be Bradders, but he's gone, so this is almost a memorial theme. 😊  - It's a weird UK tautology and something of a 'non-cognoscenti' marker, but some  audiences undoubtedly need the clarification- I can never bring myself to say it and, if I sense audience confusion, say 'projectiles'😂😊

2 hours ago, brown dog said:

Don't feel picked on- this happens everytime someone says 'heads' 😂😊😊  - the ringleader used to be Bradders, but he's gone, so this is almost a memorial theme. 😊  - It's a weird UK tautology and something of a 'non-cognoscenti' marker, but some  audiences undoubtedly need the clarification- I can never bring myself to say it and, if I sense audience confusion, say 'projectiles'😂😊

I'm just going to keep using the term bullet heads to get a reaction from them now.