My new Brake.

Just had a large batch of these made.

Following on from the success of my 3 port brake, I decided to design a bigger unit, and one that can also be self timed by the user. [ the 3 port has to be timed ]

After playing around with several american brakes, I had the base design sorted, and then started making alterations by experiment.

My brake has different port angles to most, as i've tried prototypes. Some could be felt by the shooter, which is not good.

This brake puts the shooter in what is effectively a triangle of calm.

It also has [like the 3 port ] active gas divergers inside the port. Rather than rely on the gas finding its own way out , as other brakes do, this slices the gas in two, and forces it out. It can actually be seen when viewing shots from the side.

The baffle angles also influence the noise. This brake doesn't sound noisy compared to the vast majority out there.

I toyed with the idea of top ports, but that can influence , not for the better sometimes.

Testing this brake on a 6XC and a .224 valkyrie this week, at 300 yards, the valkyrie's crosshairs never left the bull on an electronic target, which was quite amazing to witness. The gun just recoiled in a straight line backwards, and was similar to a spring airgun in recoil.

I have a batch in 18mm x 1 and a batch unthreaded to accommodate anything.

The brake has a rear nut which is left hand threaded.

You screw the nut up closed, then spin the brake down to the shoulder. Reset the brake square, then back the nut off, to butt against the shoulder. Spanner flats on both the nut, and brake body to achieve this.

SQrwq8T.jpg

lK5zf6t.jpg

Awesome brake, moved my poi 0.3 mil down and groups not affected. Rifle shoots same poi moderated and unmoderated, and 0.3 mil low with brake, so all manageable within the extra bit below zero on the mk2 

Very pleased with this. Cheers Dave

AA7B87A6-BB68-44BD-8775-2D9E275C7A42.jpeg

1 hour ago, lapua said:

Awesome brake, moved my poi 0.3 mil down and groups not affected. Rifle shoots same poi moderated and unmoderated, and 0.3 mil low with brake, so all manageable within the extra bit below zero on the mk2 

The bling gun so it was revered to at the weekend. 

it does look good and watching it shoot looks like it work well

On 8/13/2020 at 6:29 PM, baldie said:

Just had a large batch of these made.

Following on from the success of my 3 port brake, I decided to design a bigger unit, and one that can also be self timed by the user. [ the 3 port has to be timed ]

After playing around with several american brakes, I had the base design sorted, and then started making alterations by experiment.

My brake has different port angles to most, as i've tried prototypes. Some could be felt by the shooter, which is not good.

This brake puts the shooter in what is effectively a triangle of calm.

It also has [like the 3 port ] active gas divergers inside the port. Rather than rely on the gas finding its own way out , as other brakes do, this slices the gas in two, and forces it out. It can actually be seen when viewing shots from the side.

The baffle angles also influence the noise. This brake doesn't sound noisy compared to the vast majority out there.

I toyed with the idea of top ports, but that can influence , not for the better sometimes.

Testing this brake on a 6XC and a .224 valkyrie this week, at 300 yards, the valkyrie's crosshairs never left the bull on an electronic target, which was quite amazing to witness. The gun just recoiled in a straight line backwards, and was similar to a spring airgun in recoil.

I have a batch in 18mm x 1 and a batch unthreaded to accommodate anything.

The brake has a rear nut which is left hand threaded.

You screw the nut up closed, then spin the brake down to the shoulder. Reset the brake square, then back the nut off, to butt against the shoulder. Spanner flats on both the nut, and brake body to achieve this.

SQrwq8T.jpg

lK5zf6t.jpg

Looks very good, how many magic beans are needed to buy one? 

On 8/17/2020 at 6:51 PM, lapua said:

A pleasure Gary.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...