NRA have suspended shooting update

Nothing pertaining to it on the NRA website - if it's cancelled 'till then it must be reviewable ?

Just now, One on top of two said:

Yes from our club secretary 

I've had nothing and I'm secretary of our club - intriguing 

Half way though some load development too for my 223 I’ll have forgotten my grand plan if I have to wait until then!

Perhaps I’d better write it down 😁

8 minutes ago, SMLE said:

Half way though some load development too for my 223 I’ll have forgotten my grand plan if I have to wait until then!

Perhaps I’d better write it down 😁

Come on Ian, it's not that bad (is it??).  🤔

Nah, not really! Just got a good zero and had booked a stickledown session to really test it - that won’t happen now!

Ah we’ll there’s always next year!

I cannot believe Bisley can afford to stay shut once the current restrictions are lifted. Cancelling all range shooting until September seems to be jumping the gun, as no one knows when we will be allowed out again. As for the military ranges I do get the feeling civilians are regarded at best an inconvenience and worst a pain in the arse. To my knowledge this comes from Landmarc and they do not control Bisley.

The NRA said this on 26/3

Competition and Training Cancellations
We have decided to cancel all NRA competitions and training courses up to 31st August; this includes the Imperial and Phoenix meetings. This decision has not been taken lightly; however the health and well-being of competitors, officials and staff must be our priority. We will keep the position under review in the hope we can offer a suite of “post corona” competitions in the autumn. Training courses will recommence when it is safe to do so. Payments made for courses, accommodation and Phoenix Arms Fair stands will be carried forward or refunded.

And this on 2/4

Target shooting is on pause, ranges across the country are eerily quiet, and clubs are waiting for the red light to turn to green. The NRA, like many other charities, is experiencing exceptional challenges that threaten our future. Hard decisions have been made, and more lie ahead. 60 of our terrific staff have been furloughed and are at home with their families; 17 are working from home or Bisley to serve our membership and affiliates, and maintain Bisley ranges and infrastructure.

We are determined to remain available and accessible; phone calls, letters and emails will be answered! The ranges and property at Bisley are being carefully maintained to allow shooting to return as soon as restrictions are lifted.

It looks like Landmarc have used the date given in March and assumed it referred to ALL shooting regardless of any changes in the situation.

Target shooting on pause was the key message I took from the NRA’s message the other day, I didn’t read September into that. All depends on the lockdown in reality though.

Hoping that once the travel restrictions lift, regardless of Landmarc and NRA positions, we can at least get back onto places like Thorpe and Eskdalemuir.

5 hours ago, No i deer said:

We're all in need of some optimism at the moment instead of all the doom and gloom 👍 

PMA (Positive Mental Attitude). 

The NRA have cancelled all competitions and training. My best guess is they will start taking range bookings as soon as it is safe to do so.

In the meantime, I’m not even thinking about the things I would be doing in a normal situation. I know I’ll get back to shooting sometime (assuming I’m a survivor), so it’s on hold for the duration.

We are lucky inasmuch that we have open fields and a nature reserve within 4 minutes walk of our house so my wife and I can take our dog out for her walk in relative safety.

It ain’t all bad.

Nobody is expecting to shoot in the very near future but cancelling that far ahead maybe unnecessary and may cause themselves extra work in rescheduling everything..

You'd think a month ahead is quite a long time for things to take a turn for the better...

16 hours ago, No i deer said:

Nobody is expecting to shoot in the very near future but cancelling that far ahead maybe unnecessary and may cause themselves extra work in rescheduling everything..

You'd think a month ahead is quite a long time for things to take a turn for the better...

They had no choice about cancelling competitions such as the Imperial. Imagine the cost if they continued to plan for it, take all the entry fees etc, etc, and then had to cancel. 

They no doubt realised we’re in this for the long haul, and as much as I wish it to happen, things won’t take a turn for the better, such that we can go out without concerns, until mid-summer at the earliest.

Even when the restrictions are finally lifted, I'm going to think very carefully about how I interact with other people...........

Pete

Im a very active person despite having fibromyalgia, just being around the house over the bank holiday weekend I've found hard enough and I've been gardening,repairing my fence and other stuff..!!

I'm glad I'm still working...!!

I've lots of jobs lined up inside my house just incase the lockdown continues and my work stops because the materials has ran out.

We've been very lucky with the weather of late, especially this Friday Saturday and Sunday has been terrific and we can't go anywhere 🙄

I've never understood this huggy-kissy greeting that you see now, even between people meeting for the first time..................I've always considered that to be a recipe for catching something I'd rather not have.

Pete

1 hour ago, Re-Pete said:

Even when the restrictions are finally lifted, I'm going to think very carefully about how I interact with other people...........

Pete

Like Pops said this will be the attitude of many. Over the past 3 weeks I’ve got used to giving people a wide berth, even those I’ve know for years. It’s going to take a while for us to adjust to being closer.