AR fun

ds1

Hosted a company offering Diamond back rifles from the USA on my range today. A bit cold but plenty of fun. Diamond back  offer a lot of bang for your buck, from basic m4 clones to AR 10 platforms in 308 win and 6.5 creed and a bit more gucci stuff in 224 Valkyrie. These are of course semi - auto in CZ. Pics before I mounted some Eotech,s on them.

7114DC79-73FC-49FB-AAE8-6E7D190DA18B.jpeg.299a3c199542f282e977f7b69b37f197.jpeg

6.5 creed below - decent brake, good trigger, mlock forend , stainless barrel..... I think for less than £1500

A0878D6B-6C31-4BF0-A9A5-B5BCF7A98F0E.jpeg.685edc9a6f23e681069c51ab48c15363.jpeg

are the food was good..... better than a KFC’s bucket anyway :)

1241557D-71F9-4175-B02A-7A50240C8BAE.jpeg.fbd20e4ed8d692c524cee83a1393deea.jpeg

The thing which surprised me most was the price. The prices seemed very much in line with US prices. This was very refreshing.

By comparison I was in the market for a gucci 2011 STI pistol for myself ( from a different company) in the US they set you back about $3k or so but by the time they get to Europe $5k or there about. Seemed like a lot of gouging going on somewhere so I decided to stick with European made products.

Anyway it was nice way to end the year with a bit of range fun. Hope the New Year starts off the same way.

36 minutes ago, ds1 said:

The thing which surprised me most was the price. The prices seemed very much in line with US prices. This was very refreshing.

By comparison I was in the market for a gucci 2011 STI pistol for myself ( from a different company) in the US they set you back about $3k or so but by the time they get to Europe $5k or there about. Seemed like a lot of gouging going on somewhere so I decided to stick with European made products.

Anyway it was nice way to end the year with a bit of range fun. Hope the New Year starts off the same way.

Forget the STI, see if you can pickup an Alien by Laugo. I’d have one in a flash if we Brits could 😭

http://www.laugoarms.com/alien.html

Diamondback Arms makes a very good AR. I have one and it is a superbly accurate rifle. Well into the sub-MOA class with commercial varmint rounds. Very reasonably priced. They make all their parts in-house and it is rumored that they supply components for other 'bigger' named manufacturers. I wouldn't doubt it.~Andrew

Catch and Gazzar, the Alien is a very interesting and very well made pistol but I think it is very niche specific - and I am not really sure what niche - for IPSC it would probably not qualify for production as only 500 pieces sold to date, it’s also hammer fired and not striker fired or da/sa all of which preclude it from Production class. Limited class? I guess and Open but then it has to make major Power factor to be competitive- possible with 9mm but in very specific designs.

I have shot it but only about 20 rounds, it is a quality piece as it should be with a £4K price tag. The fixed sight rail is excellent for RMR type optics and the trigger is good but no better than the Theta trigger on my p10c in terms of smoothness or reset.

Gazzar - it works on the same principle as a HK p7. Gas retarded blowback - only with the Alien the gas piston and cylinder are above the barrel so allowing a very low bore axis which in part translates into reduced muzzle flip. However recoil is recoil and your wrist end up absorbing it. A couple of downsides to the system are heating and over heating  you have hot expending gasses within the pistol frame / piston cylinder ( this was also an issue with its predecessor the HK p7). TMJ bullets need to be used - no open lead based bullets again due to the gas system.

I still like the design but want to see where it is in about 5 years. I think the company did the designed the CZ Scorpion S3 and sold the design to CZ . At the moment it’s hard to see it competing with the CZ Shadow 2, which is a more versatile platform for about £1k. 

149A8311-0065-4915-80EE-D9CDBD5A2790.jpeg

On 12/31/2019 at 11:16 PM, Dellboy said:

straight pull uk legal 223 available Dave

Every company and their granny makes a "UK legal" straight pull.

That description is all the guns are, and while they might fill the legal criteria, they certainly dont fit the usable working one.

You know where to come.