ELD-M

Shendy

My guess is that not all ELDM's will behave the same as well as A-Max didn't all behave the same. In the 6,5CM I prefer 143 ELDX over 140ELDM. The X is closer to the behaviour of 168 A-Max in 308. Had very few exits on Sika with the M.

143 ELDX,  350m Sika Stag

tZxP5Gq.jpg

edi

As above , I used ELD x and ELD m in .223/.308/ 6.5 Cm for range and target . 

either will work if you do you part BUT .... the ELD m are not to relied upon as an alternative to expanding ammunition . Stick the the ELD x there very good at there for there intended use . 
And the ELD m are certainly NOT the same as Amax ( one of the best all round bullets made ) 

the above is just an opinion through my own finding . 

22 minutes ago, ejg223 said:

My guess is that not all ELDM's will behave the same as well as A-Max didn't all behave the same. In the 6,5CM I prefer 143 ELDX over 140ELDM. The X is closer to the behaviour of 168 A-Max in 308. Had very few exits on Sika with the M.

143 ELDX,  350m Sika Stag

tZxP5Gq.jpg

edi

That’s nice and controlled 👍

ive not used the 143 on deer yet , I have used the 178 ELD x and they where brilliant. Like turning a light off 

• 7 months later...

Starting to hear that some of the 130gr have been having the same issues as the 147gr in terms of disintegrating. It's been mentioned a few times recently. The 147gr issue is well known but this is the first I've heard of problems with the 130gr. 

Is it because there just soo fragible ? Or what ? Bad bullits ? Cant handle fast tight twist? 

1 hour ago, gunner said:

Is it because there just soo fragible ? Or what ? Bad bullits ? Cant handle fast tight twist? 

I don't think anybody is a 100 percent sure but if they were too try slightly thicker jackets we may find out..

Hornady seem to dismiss the so called blow up..

Some say it's because there a budget bullets.

From what's known Hornady have thicker jackets on the new A tips and I've not heard of anybody having any blow up even through looking on Accurate shooter but if you push and spin any bullets too hard they can blow up..

There's also talk of the extra heat from friction from the bullets travelling through the longer barrels..!!

I've read that the Bergers have and can.. I think Berger recommend not to push them past certain speeds in fast twists. Info I've read on accurate shooter..

Not sure if many have blown up a scenar..!!

Every jacketed bullet has its limits..

Monolithic bullet is a different animal..

So much info on accurate shooter..