Trijicon thermal in states

RAW

What are the options on me bringing back a trijicon thermal back from the states,whilst on holiday, they don't sell them in this country and keen on having one. Or will this be a no no?

Thanks 

Just now, bradders said:

You might end up having a nice holiday in Club Fed

What's your favourite shade of orange?

Ha ha speaking from experience :)

1 hour ago, RAW said:

Oh no, that will be a non runner then, shame they don't sell here.

Because of ITAR, you can't legally bring them out of the USA and neither can trijicon (without an export license) , so they can't sell them here.

Cheers

Bruce

Just now, phoenix said:

Because of ITAR, you can't legally bring them out of the USA and neither can trijicon (without an export license) , so they can't sell them here.

Cheers

Bruce

Cheers Bruce, that's all I needed to know!!

Depending on how badly you want one, you can apply for an export license ($250) and simply pay the shipping and the customs duty / VAT when it lands here. 

Getting an export license is very simple - about 5mins filling out the right form, then anywhere between a 1 & 3 month wait for it to be approved. I've had plenty of ITAR restricted items legally exported and shipped over - ITAR doesn't mean you can't have them. Just means you need approval to have them.

Whether or not you'll get approval is another matter - it is a MIL item and as a civilian shooter, they may not want you having one. You could always ask the exporter what they think, whether they think you'd get approval or to simply not bother. I can forward an excellent exporter I've used several times who would be only too happy to advise.

2 hours ago, Catch-22 said:

Depending on how badly you want one, you can apply for an export license ($250) and simply pay the shipping and the customs duty / VAT when it lands here. 

Getting an export license is very simple - about 5mins filling out the right form, then anywhere between a 1 & 3 month wait for it to be approved. I've had plenty of ITAR restricted items legally exported and shipped over - ITAR doesn't mean you can't have them. Just means you need approval to have them.

Whether or not you'll get approval is another matter - it is a MIL item and as a civilian shooter, they may not want you having one. You could always ask the exporter what they think, whether they think you'd get approval or to simply not bother. I can forward an excellent exporter I've used several times who would be only too happy to advise.

Put me down for an Mk3 IR Hunter!

Archived