Shooting show stoneliegh

lee w 118

Went to the show sat afternoon not many there I must say,had a gander at phoenix bipod well impressed, seen a few old muckas and new friends .met up with Darrell ie ,foxing tonight . Had a good crack and it was nice to meet like minded people.and of course I met Chink Eastwood aka jockey,on ukv current leader on 600y bench rest. Good day and plesant company.thanks lads

Afraid not Lee,

Spent the last couple of days like this

E25B5E5C-4618-4C00-A6D1-B9F2F19BA17D_zps

Because I had this

IMG-6946-143388.png

I bet you're cringing about now, aren't you? :lol:

I didn't know you were an extra in pirates of the Caribbean. On a serious note mark what's

Happened to your mincer. Was it yank nipol or a gnat

Only joking mark ,hope you get well soon mate .miss your banter .Cheers lee

Thanks, spending the weekend in the warmth

There's only so much poking around in the eye with a needle and scalpel a man can take

Not overly impressed at all within years show, I think the organisers are squeezing the exhibitors too hard so nobody seems to be able to offer any sort of meaningful discount or have got to actually increase prices.

Just my opinion.

We went today, if you are into rifles it's a sad place to be. No Brock and Norris, none of the smaller rifle builders, no vince or Laurie. I think I counted more sweet stalls in the rifle hall than rifle stalls. Having displayed there in previous years seeing the stalls that would be of interest deminish. I won,t bother next year and having spoken to several stall holders I know they won,t be there either.

Thanks, spending the weekend in the warmth

There's only so much poking around in the eye with a needle and scalpel a man can take

Went and had a look on schmidt & bender stand,had a natter with Greg off parrabellum, nice bloke

Very plesant to deal with.Was not after much but enjoyed meeting new friends.

We went today, if you are into rifles it's a sad place to be. No Brock and Norris, none of the smaller rifle builders, no vince or Laurie. I think I counted more sweet stalls in the rifle hall than rifle stalls. Having displayed there in previous years seeing the stalls that would be of interest deminish. I won,t bother next year and having spoken to several stall holders I know they won,t be there either.

Being fair, that fudge stall behind the AI stand did some farking banging fudge.

I tend to agree with Dorg. Disappointed that Joe wasn't there with his stocks.

I was hoping to see some nice shiny actions and some examples of custom F Class rifles etc and maybe a chat with Vince and Laurie on the Target Shooter stand but there was some else in the advertised location. So, the program was incorrect and the only one showing custom rifles, that I found, was DCR. Had a chat with Dave on the AI stand, but that was about it.

Made the mistake of visiting Hall 1 with all those pastries on display. My wife has me on the Atkins diet so it was mental torture

On the food and drink note, did anyone stop by the stall selling liqueurs and whiskies just to the left in the passage way between halls by the front door?

yep I did grum, bought 3 bottles of blackcurrent slo gin, a whiskey one, and a ginger whiskey, awesome sadly one bottle empty now, and making headway,s into the other one, but on another note a lot of people moaning about the show, I went with my friend and enjoyed it as a boys day out its not perfect but its better than nothing I had a great time, met and chatted with old friends, bought what I went for then back on the road home after dinner, the only thing what does my head in, is why do people take their dogs with them dave.

I tend to agree with Dorg. Disappointed that Joe wasn't there with his stocks.

I was hoping to see some nice shiny actions and some examples of custom F Class rifles etc and maybe a chat with Vince and Laurie on the Target Shooter stand but there was some else in the advertised location. So, the program was incorrect and the only one showing custom rifles, that I found, was DCR. Had a chat with Dave on the AI stand, but that was about it.

Made the mistake of visiting Hall 1 with all those pastries on display. My wife has me on the Atkins diet so it was mental torture

You want to give over with that diet....I seriously didn't recognise you Mark.

My apologies to everyone who called, and found I'd had to retire...i,m in bed with flu and a a chest infection. After last years pneumonia, its a bit worrying.

I saw nothing of the show, but it struck me as very quiet indeed.

On the food and drink note, did anyone stop by the stall selling liqueurs and whiskies just to the left in the passage way between halls by the front door?

Got a bottle from them last year after a few free tasters.

Whisky infused with sloe or something similar ?

That's the one, 'Bruadar', amongst other stuff, sloe gin, bramble gin, etc, aswell as blends and single malts.

I only ask as it was my work's stall ;)

I am largely responsible for most of the liqueur development, and solely responsible for the day to day manufacture and blending of the liqueurs and blended whiskies.

The guys said they had a good show, couple of thousand up on last years takings.

That's the one, 'Bruadar', amongst other stuff, sloe gin, bramble gin, etc, aswell as blends and single malts.

I only ask as it was my work's stall ;)

I am largely responsible for most of the liqueur development, and solely responsible for the day to day manufacture and blending of the liqueurs and blended whiskies.

The guys said they had a good show, couple of thousand up on last years takings.

Nice stuff but much more potent than you would think.

22% and all that sweet stuff catches up with you ;)

We used to offer a ginger liqueur at 48.5% which was just utterly batsh*t crazy.

As production staff we usually get stuck at base, so it was nice to wander past the stall while at the show and hear everyone being very complimentary about products we put our heart and sole into on a daily basis.

Archived