Which ranges for 338 Lapua??

Just wanted to find out on which ranges you can shoot a 338 Lapua in England & Wales

I know Bisley is a No but have hear that Diggle, Sennybridge and Salisbury plain are a yes although the latter two are military (??) and not sure how turning up works

Then there are the private ranges in Wales, Orion and WMS that look great but are costly

any others??

Thanks

Hobbit

The 50 cal club shoot at Lydd , so do local clubs, my secretary has emailed the main man from Landmark asking for full and comprehensive confirmation

on the latest position regarding 338's etc on Landmark ranges.

Far to much conflicting information regarding these rifles , when i get the full SP i'l post it.

I'm not sure if Strensall has 338 safety on its ranges because the club I shoot there with don't do HME but not sure if that's a club thing or a range limit

I shoot HME 300 win mag at Kingsbury, and have done also at Warminster & Sennybridge J3a, and the field firing range, all with Offa's Dyke

Also there are clubs that shoot Catterick but again not sure if the range template there covers 338

Great, thanks

Bisley is very handy for me so the 338 restrictions are a pity and I am not sure that any ballistic performance of a 300 win mag over a 6.5cm is worth the cost and recoil

would I be right in saying that Warminster = Salisbury plain = 900 yards max??

I will look on the FCSA website for ideas

not sure if they are HME rifle friendly or its just for '50s'

Great, thanks

Bisley is very handy for me so the 338 restrictions are a pity and I am not sure that any ballistic performance of a 300 win mag over a 6.5cm is worth the cost and recoil

Warminster is 900m / 984 yards.

Salisbury is effectively unlimited....gongs out to 2400 yards....most targetry in 600 to 1500 yards.

Great, thanks

Salisbury is effectively unlimited....gongs out to 2400 yards....most targetry in 600 to 1500 yards.

FCSA is any calibre but focus on 338 / 50......firing line split with big cals on right and lower on left....works brilliantly!

FCSA is any calibre but focus on 338 / 50......firing line split with big cals on right and lower on left....works brilliantly!

Salisbury has a big gap from 1500 the land drops so the next target is 2500

Great, thanks

hi Hobbit

Lydd is your best bet to get to grips with your .338 reactive targets out to 1100 yds a few of us who have replied shoot there regularly come and say hello, Salisbury plain can be a little frustrating as there is no visable bullet splash, lots of targets out to 600 yds then there's a couple at around 1100 yds and tanks at 1300 yds 1500 yds and then 2000 yds plus great for .50 BMG with tracer get in touch with Chris and join FCSA you know it makes sense.

Rgds Paul

www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwjxmZmIpdbRAhUoL8AKHbU2CI4QFggdMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nra.org.uk%2Fcommon%2Ffiles%2Frangeoffice%2F1st_time_shooter.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGmTcGZE0aS-bfahbwBS-s8ViRwYw

I found this on the NRA site, it mentions .577 as caliber limit and also the energy limits.

Does that mean 338 is allowed after HME test.? A little confused as so many people say338 is restricted ?

Archived