Roller Bedding (?)

brown dog

Can't see any advantage over machined V blocks, in fact this appears to be a cheaper version, can't see the need for the rollers to roll even

Well isn't that an advantage in itself?

I've no idea if this works, or is a good idea, but the current way stocks are made and mounted makes no sense to me. It takes no account of the dynamic nature of the action under the forces associated with firing, or even changes of temperature. Something like this which allows controlled movement of the action in the stock sounds like it might be worth investigating.

Something like this which allows controlled movement of the action in the stock sounds like it might be worth investigating.

I've obviously missed the part where it says controlled movement of the action in the stock. All I read was stable platform to reduce barrel vibration

Personally I think the lack of inovation with centrfire rifles is a little disappointing. Because what we do now, and have been doing for the last forty years works fairly well, we don't seem to have moved on much.

Someone who has just materialised from the 1960's and walked into a regular gunshop today really wouldn't be stunned by our progress with centre fire rifles - Yes, I know there are plenty of chassis system/modular designs about and gaining ground but nothing I would class as a radical game changer.

Just compare that to how air rifles/pistols have changed over the same period - The recoilless sliding sledge system, the opposing piston design, electronic triggers, digital adjustable power setting etc. etc.

I like the idea of the rubber bushed action, I hope it continues to evolve and develop.

Archived