Bipod for an AICS

Recently moved from an HS Precision to an AICS 1.5 for my Remington. First impressions are that it's comfy, but it feels a little high, and somewhat unstable. This I primarily put down to my faithful old Harris, that will finally be retired to my foxing rifle after over a decade of reliable use.

11235810_205504269792844_341508638105252

Now the hunt is on for a bipod that better matches the height of the monopod, and what is comfortable/stable to shoot from. The two options I'm looking at are a lockable Versapod - I've used them previously, quite happily, and quite frankly, they just look 'right' on the AICS. The other option is the new Pheonix Tactical. Has anyone used one slung under the rifle rather than above?

Looking for thoughts, pros/cons on either, personal experiences, etc.

Ta.

Cheers - I did give the Atlas a look, and aesthetically, it doesn't do much for me. If I can find someone with the necessary adaptor, I may give it a shot.

Forgot, there is another option of shorter model of Harris, which I would consider. They've served me well, but technology has surely moved on....

I have the Phoenix Tactical and have mounted it above and below my Steyr tactical depending on height requirement. Really happy with it and would highly recommend. For your setup I'd get the spigot for the AICS and hang the bipod off the front of the foreend

Sadly can't tell you that. I fortunately already have one....

I must admit, if the Phoenix had been around when I was buying, I might well have chosen that instead.

I wonder: where can one get a male-male spigot adaptor for an AICS, that would allow the fitting of a Phoenix bipod?

A "plain" Parker hale spigot is what you need. There is one which is dedicated to the AICS. Sporting Services or Google will help.

Sorry DS1 - did not read your post before replying.

Try shooting shed for a spigot for the AICS, I have the friction adjustable one on mine with a parker hale pod and it is excellent.

Got on OK with the shortest model of the Versapod today, it did prove a little short however. I could live with the next model up I suspect. Will see what I can borrow/mooch over the next few shoots....

• 1 month later...

I have just taken delivery of a batch of my Phoenix Bipod - Model B which is designed for front of forend fitting via spigot.

Have a look at my website www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

I have AW compatible adaptor spigots - ideal solution for you - you will not find a better bipod in my humble opinion.

Archived