New Atlas Bipod (I am being festive, but..)

$450 doesn't sound too bad. I'm paying $315 for the standard Atlas -and then being nicked $50 each for different feet, and even $50 for the ridiculous canvas carrying case. That is a temptingly nice pod but I think the standard Atlas is more portable and more suitable for my cross terrain jaunts.~Andrew

Merry Christmas!

Had a couple of Atlas bipod over the years, I was never keen on having to load them - which leads to POI shift.

Then to slow to deploy in practical comps.

Would never have another - and overly priced by far !!!

I don't shoot comps and you might have a point about deployment, I don't know, but I will say I don't

'load' my Atlas to any extent. I simply put enough pressure to take out any play and shoot. Works well for me. My old Versapod, on the other hand, takes quite a bit more lean to take the slop out of it.~Andrew

As long as some individuals are prepared to pay the asking price these toys will get dearer and dearer, one thing that makes my pee boil is the price of the smit pm2's, theres no way there worrh that and the warranty is diabolical, they are so way over priced, same senario as the new atlas pod though, merry xmas swaro

Regarding the price I don't necessarily have a problem. Atlas aren't a huge company that mass produce, they put effort into their designs and make them out of the best materials. Therefore you could argue $450 is a bit of a bargain!

This new model is much beefier than the previous ones and made for magnum cals inc. 50 BMG.

I like the Atlas bipods and have several. Never had any issues with POI shift when using it and like the preload - helps recoil management and spotting your own shots.

Archived