Where will it all end?

foxyloxy

Loading away merrily last night when the wife walked past & muttered the immortal words" Where will it all end"?

What she was referring to, was the bombsite that has become my reloading room / man cave & the amount of gear I've stuffed into it.

2 gun cabinets

A single stage press

Numerous shelves & tupperware boxes of once, twice, thrice fired etc. brass, bullets, half used tubs of powders

2 Powder throwers

2 sets of Beam scales

Electronic powder dispenser

A Dillon 550B progressive press

Reloading books & paperwork etc. etc. etc.

For 3 or 4 years I was happily pootering away with my Lee turret press & my lee dies & my lee beam scales rattling out 223's then 6.5x55's then 308's etc. Sub MOA was good enough for me.

This last year or 2, things seem to have gone a bit mental. Finally bought myself a gun that is capable of shooting groups in the 0.2"s & 0.3"s, spent money on "good" dies, "good" scales etc. Now I'm weighing everything & measuring everything - Sales of Tesco zippable sandwich bags have gone thru the roof!!

Is this normal????

Now I'm looking at concentricity gauges & annealing machines... Am I just a shop keepers wet dream? What do they say about a fool and his money??

I'm beginning to wonder if the wife is right........

Opinions on a postcard please. :blush:

Yes, only buying a couple of boxes of Federal .243 once in a while seems a distant memory. As I write there's reloading stuff in every room in the house bar the lounge. The odd thing with reloading is that I find I've lots of fired cases, but never very much loaded ammunition.

Regards

JCS

That could be me you are writing about,once it gets hold of you it won't let go, it's got to the stage that if I haven't placed an order with spud for a few days he rings me to see if I'm ok

That could be me you are writing about,once it gets hold of you it won't let go, it's got to the stage that if I haven't placed an order with spud for a few days he rings me to see if I'm ok

The symptoms seem familiar.

It's only a serious risk to normality when you start to actually believe all the latest gizmos will transform a .3 rifle into a .2 rifle.

Bullet meplet pointer/uniformers won't; a powder scale with precision way beyond one kernel won't; concenrtricity better than that of your barrel won't.

Show your wife this mega cost gear,and emphasise your restraint in resisting (most) of it.

What you need is some hard work on wind appreciation: the best place to do this in a relaxed ,learning mood ,is during the Carribean Trade Wind season.Take your wife too-she may come to appreciate your hobby more.

gbal (divorced)

Archived