Which PCP?

JDBenelliM1

I had a nice wee .22 BSA Scorpion and it was an accurate bit of kit.

A mate gave me a load of his Weihrauch HW100K in .177. I quite liked that but there was no local place handy for bottle testing which in scotland is a disgrace... finding a place too for refilling the air bottle was a mission as well.. got fed up trying

so I sold my sporter and went back to my trusty tuned springer HW97K. Its still with me yet although it doesn't get used that much these days..

Its still an accurate .22..

• 4 weeks later...

Theres plenty of nice pcp wether airarms,daystate hw etc etc , if you want reliability try Rapid 7, ease of maintenance & accuracy, with no depreciation !

I bought a falcon FN12 some time ago

cheap to buy

easy to service ( I replaced all seals and fitted a cylinder "detwanger" with only a couple of allen keys)

single shot but I dont shoot lots of quick shots and aftermarket mags are available

its 12ftlbs and 177 and I have lost count on the number of rabbits, crows, magpies, mice and rats it has accounted for

comically accurate

cost me £300 with a FX pump

pumped up to 190Bar I keep it topped up between 170-190Bar for max accuracy

did this testing zero in the dark, standing leaning on a door frame with a torch on the target!

zeroed at 33yds for MPBR

IMG_0989_zps72cc113a.jpg

• 1 month later...

Like a lot of the other lads I've had pretty much them all ,hw100 was brilliant ,daystate mk4 was also very very good and the electronic trigger was amazing but the magazines are crap , as s410 take a bit of beating but my favourite is still a theoben mfr ,calibre change can be done in minutes if needed .don't forget the BSA ultra as well they are first class for the money

If you want to spend around £400 ,AAS200,BSA Ultra or Webley Raider,all 3 produce up to the legal limit of 12ft lb and with the right pellet will give you excellent accuracy out to 35y ++ in your garden and in the field.

HW100 and Daystate will set you back £800 ++ fore the same 12ft lb ,granted they are more pleasing to the eye and if you do your bit they are marginally more accurate .

If I was looking to spend £800 on a PCP I would go for the HW 100k,its very well built.

Good luck .

Full custom s410 here , cant believe no one else has mentioned the 410 .

Archived