Vibratory cleaner

gazzar15

My Lyman tumbler has just given up the ghost and without removing existing adhesive on the springs it looks like after a good number of years it is done.

I have seen the smart reloader entry at kranks for £75 +post but what else is out there for similar money?

I dont want to go ultrasonic or fork out for one of the stainless kits as I am happy to carry on with what I have been doing for the last 30+ years.....it works for me.

It happens. You used to be able to buy a replacement motor for a fair bit less than a complete new unit.

Be interested to hear if you have any success,if you try that.

Spud?maybe Hannams?

gbal

+1 on Vince's and Ian's comments. I've given up on this rigid cleaning malarkey as I've found it doesn't makes a blind bit of difference to accuracy (to the limit of my shooting and reloading capabilities) or case life.

I now just do what Ian does; a quick and light wiping with fine wire wool on the outside of the neck to get the carbon off and a nylon brush down the inside. And I admit to cleaning the primer pockets.

Forty cases are all done in about 15 - 20 minutes.

A batch of nice shiny case is all very well but you don't see them when they're in the box or chamber.

My Lyman tumbler has just given up the ghost and without removing existing adhesive on the springs it looks like after a good number of years it is done.

I have seen the smart reloader entry at kranks for £75 +post but what else is out there for similar money?

I dont want to go ultrasonic or fork out for one of the stainless kits as I am happy to carry on with what I have been doing for the last 30+ years.....it works for me.

Gary,

I bought a Lyman tumbler in Roding Armoury last week.

I think it was £59

If you are going to the 600yd benchrest shoot at Diggle in a fortnight let me know you can have mine I will never use it FOC.

Dorg

Hey guys, did I read correctly that not everyone cleans their brass and it still shoots well? If so I am a very happy man, would you guys be able to elaborate a bit more please, as from what I am reading I can clean the primer pocket, nylon brush the inside of the neck, give it a tap out and then load it up again? Would save loads of time and hassle. Cheers.

I give the inside of the neck a couple of strokes with an old bronze bore brush, clean the outside of the neck with Duraglit wadding, give the primer pocket a quick wizz and that's it. As I say - I'll fire my 6PPC brass 30 odd times in a season with nothing more than that and no loss of accuracy.

For most other cases, I'll be looking for 6 or 7 firings then bin 'em.

Vince said: "I give the inside of the neck a couple of strokes with an old bronze bore brush, clean the outside of the neck with Duraglit wadding, give the primer pocket a quick wizz and that's it."

Me too...............life's too short to polish cases. I'd rather spend the time emptying them................

H/man

Archived