A leftie AR for a buddy.

When I moved premises , many people flapped their lips and promised this, that , and the other.

One guy stepped up to the plate, and spent several days doing all the woodwork and joinery for nowt.

Its at times like that when you realise who your true friends really are.

This is for Trev , who is a cack handed, sinister, devil worshipping freak , who uses the wrong hand to write with..... :lol:

Something I,ve been going to get around to for some time and never did.

My AR receiver slots are cnc machined out, so I had the programme altered for a left hand receiver etc. Mark Bradley very kindly let me have a few of his old style left handed handles and off we went.

IMG_2423_zps40f2e9f9.jpg

The upper is a Spikes tactical and the lower a Double Star.

IMG_2425_zps4a49abfb.jpg

Barrel is an Armalon 1 in 8" at 20" long and fitted with a valkyrie brake.

IMG_2428_zps8dbabf71.jpg

Stock is a Magpul , standard A2 grip [ which Trev preffered to the MIAD ] Forend is a Samson.

IMG_2426_zps4670d734.jpg

Paint is Ceracote flat dark earth H series and Matt black on other parts.

IMG_2427_zps2dab8a38.jpg

Thanks Trev, hope you like it mucker. ;)

Yes,

I have a fixture that was made specifically to hold a reciever by its barrel thread and supported at the rear. Any reciever will fit it.

I have to admit, I think I have come across more left handed AR [or want to be ] shooters than bolt action lefties for some unknown reason.

I agree Matt, there is something nice about a case deflector and dust cover. :)

Leftie looks........but only from the right...the other side reverts back to standard ,presumably? I'd prefer no assist plunger,aesthetically (and it says,"this will jam,that's why I'm here,right in front of your eye").

Is there something rather afterthought looking about most charging handles too,especially ones with holes in them,left in contrasting finish... black magic with a bit of mechano?

Obviously both are 'functional'...wonder what French designers would do?Don't say 'Famas"!

Subtle colours help.(but not "roses asssorted".)

What is impressing is that some can shoot very well,it seems(sub 1/2 moa).

gbal

Minor flaw in your argument I believe you will find that its us lefties are shooting correctly, its just the masses that choose to follow the herd and need to shoot Cack handed right , :-) but a very nice looking correctly handed AR .

I have to admit, I think I have come across more left handed AR [or want to be ] shooters than bolt action lefties for some unknown reason.

I agree Matt, there is something nice about a case deflector and dust cover. :)

I'm a rightie but I find it easier to work the left side of an AR while prone or resting on sand bags. I can keep it shouldered and stay on target better.

I'm currently using a VLTOR Mod 3 extended charging handle which works OK but if I can get more money spent on guns past the Mrs, I may have to pay you a visit Dave.

I've been using left handed cocking ARs for several years now.

started by milling a slot to single feed rounds from the left when prone and slung in. Mark then put a handle on the first one for me.

then I made my pr/csr rifle the same a couple of years later.

Having to not compromise makes all the difference.

Archived