Diggle Fly Shoot

The Gun Pimp

Hatzi - the first three in Custom Class and the winner of Factory Class got a special commemorative cap - but you can buy one for £10!

Triggersqueezer - thanks for mentioning the forthcoming Gong Shoot at Diggle on August Bank Holiday Monday.

A few asked about it yesterday - basically, we will be shooting steel gongs at 1000 yards. Shooters will get two attempts (one morning, one afternoon) involving ten shots at the gongs. There will be an unlimited sighting-in period before you shoot your gongs. It will be shot under cover from the 1000 yard benchrest range - any rests etc.

No butts duty, so everyone on the point will ensure good craich.

Entry fee will be a fiver and everyone is welcome. Two classes - Custom and Factory.

If it goes well and gets good support this will become another Diggle 'regular' like the Egg Shoot and Fly Shoot.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hatzi - the first three in Custom Class and the winner of Factory Class got a special commemorative cap - but you can buy one for £10!

Triggersqueezer - thanks for mentioning the forthcoming Gong Shoot at Diggle on August Bank Holiday Monday.

A few asked about it yesterday - basically, we will be shooting steel gongs at 1000 yards. Shooters will get two attempts (one morning, one afternoon) involving ten shots at the gongs. There will be an unlimited sighting-in period before you shoot your gongs. It will be shot under cover from the 1000 yard benchrest range - any rests etc.

Entry fee will be a fiver and everyone is welcome. Two classes - Custom and Factory.

If it goes well and gets good support this will become another Diggle 'regular' like the Egg Shoot and Fly Shoot.

sounds good count me in

I've asked mole-e to post the full results of the Fly Shoot. Ronin - 3rd place shooter was using one of your rifles.

Thats brilliant news Vince :)

Look forwards to seeing the result sheet.

Going to try and be there for the gong shoot.

Hopefully work will not get in the way this time.

got my fly patch patch yesterday-all guns and equipment for sale-my life is now complete ;)

Oh ... I was s-o-o-o tempted here, but have resisted and told Satan to get behind me!

I have some pics of you fulfilling your destiny and completing your life's work Gary (plus various other UKVers). Only people in a couple of morning details, I'm afraid. Will provide a link to Photobucket or whatever when I've got an hour or two to sort them out and upload them.

The previous post didn't come out as intended. How do I get from there to having the images shown in the post?

Good photos thanks for sharing Laurie ,,

I thought that I seen Dave driving out as I was coming to the fly??,

I got second place and a small group patch,

But a bit miffed that I did not get a hat??

Never mind there is always next year,,

Welldone to all the lads and lasses that shot,

Darrel

I can see these hats are going to be a BAD thing! OR ..... good from TGP's / PSSA's view in keeping entries up. 99% of people enter the 'Fly' hoping to nick the wee beastie - just making it slightly lame on one leg is enough - and get THE PATCH. Now, we'll have to keep up with the Bagsaws, Chambers, Evanses, Wrightons, Parkins and whoever in winning THE HAT as well.

Vince, whatever you do don't get lots made and sell them or anything. Keep them exclusive for the VERY GOOD or the VERY LUCKY, just like the Fly patch!

PS have you thought about a Gong patch for the August bank hol Monday's spectacular as brought to you by The Gun Pimp Productions?

Excellent images Laurie, thanks for uploading them Dave,

See at least three of my builds there this year.

Good to see another excellent turn out and well done for the usual suspects for organising the event.

Vince, what sizes are the gongs???? And is it 10 shots in the morning and another 10 in the afternoon?

some great photos there saw a few "ugly mugs" in there- the picture of Barry [gunnery] does him justice,is it photo shopped Laurie? a great day out with plenty of laughter and a little bit of p**s taking, well run as usual and its even a good laugh in the butts . just a small thank you to Les senior [bald geordie] for a good day ;)

Vince, what sizes are the gongs???? And is it 10 shots in the morning and another 10 in the afternoon?

The gongs are a massive eight-inches in diameter! Far bigger than the F Class V bull - just hope they aren't too easy to hit!

The idea is that each shooter will have 10 gongs in the morning and 10 in the afternoon.

And no butts marking!!!

Laurie, ya need a hat to put the fly patches on,

A big thanks to Vince and all the buts crew, range officers,

Target measures ,,

We would not have fantastic comps like this if it wasn't for there

Hard work,

To all of the people reading these posts, if you have never had

a go at the fly comp,

You really do not know what you are missing,,

Darrel

Archived