2014 NRA Imperial Civ SR Championships

bradders

OK folks,
I was asked by a member here to put a post up about this years Civ SR championships.
Here's a copy of my mailing list mailshot from earlier today
With only around 4 weeks to go, I thought I’d send you all a reminder for this years Imperial Civ SR Championships.
The competitions take place from 25-29 June at Bisley, Stoney Castle and Pirbright ranges.
There is still time to enter if you haven’t already done so and we would like very much to see as many of you there as possible.
Entries are currently around the 90 mark, but with some of our regulars still to enter, it’s looking to be another successful year.
So if you are available for a day or two or three, or even just for a half day if that’s more convenient, then why not come along for some of the best shooting to be had anywhere.
We’d also like to remind those that are thinking about putting teams in for the Methuen and Falling Plates matches to do so ASAP as this will help with the planning for these.
Individual entry form
Falling Plates team entry form
Methuen Team match entry form
Thanks
Mark Bradley
07973-462542
It would be good to see some of you UK Varminters come down and join us for at least some of this.
​How about 6 of you getting together and forming a team to take part in the Methuen (oldest team match around) and represent the UKV Massiv :lol:
Seriously though, what better way to spend a Sunday afternoon in the summer that with a load of like minded individuals?
You might even win something, but even if you don't, the experience is one not to be missed

is there any restrictions on spectators? i'm not in a position to join in yet but would like to get a feeling for Civ SR before hopefully joining in the league in october.

Mark

I have my AR15 ready for the CSR League startup in Autumn but will not have a chance to get properly zeroed & decent drop tables until sometime during June / July.

Is there another CSR 'taster' day being held at Bisley before the league commences (I did the very first one some time ago) so that I can get somewhat familiar with the commands etc before making a blancmange of myself on the range?

LDC1982....

I am a member of Severnside and plan to practice with my AR in the non-prone positions in treadiness for CSR....might see you there?

Surely there's at least 6 of you here that could form a team to come and shoot the Methuen Cup.

It's all fun you know :)

And there's me busting a gut because I can't kneel or run at the moment. :(

I for one would dearly love to see a Methuen Team shooting nothing but AI's..........over to you lot! :P

This is from last year but will give you a very good idea of what it's about

CivSR Methuen 2013

The Methuen Cup is the oldest Military team shooting competition in the world.

Until a few years ago we used to shoot along side the Military, but SASC budget cuts put a stop to that.

Now we run a purely Civvy competition.

Last year had 14 teams I think, I was lucky enough to be on the winning team for the first time in 5 years (Bradders has now been on the winning team 7 times) and also posted the highest individual score , 237 ex 250

More here

http://www.lpsc.co.uk/#/the-methuen/4542943985

Likely Lads from last year, the HRA

file_zpse148a010.jpg

Top Shot trophy

null_zps7664c522.jpg

• 3 months later...

What is the scope of choice for CSR….?

Seriously though... Come along with what you have and shoot in the class you fit into... Then have a good look at what everyone is using, look through them, if possible actually shoot a few. I've tried Vortex, Schmidt, March and I'm still looking for the perfect CSR scope... and am trying a Leupold Mk 6 at the moment..

Andy,

As DP said, come along and look/try the COF's then decide what class you're going to shoot, this steers you down a particular path, Service Optics is restricted to 4.5x, Practical Optic is unlimited or you could be brave and go iron sights :) (caveat - the class also specifies other things like trigger weight etc.)

Terry

Have a Leup VX111 4.5-14 tactical that may suit perfectly...

Exited about this :D

Archived