Which March?

andybrock

Dave's finished my rifle so now I'm after a new scope for it, I've settled on a March probably their 2.5-25 x 52 with MTR3 reticle. But before I take the plunge I'd just like to hear a few opinions for you March owners please. I've had several NF, Swaro and Leupold scopes in the past but fancy something different.

It will be going on a .22 BR primarily for foxing early morning, late evening and after dark with NV but I'll also want to use it for informal long range plinking 600-800 yards.

Thanks chaps

Andy

Andy,

I have 3 March scopes and a 4th on the way. Hands down better than any of the NF and Leupold's I've owned (that will offend some but to my eyes true). Though NF have recently tried to get to where S&B was 15 years ago I believe? ( :P )

Compact, clear and have nice simple turrets, zero stops as standard, not being the size of a Hubble sat on top of your rifle is so nice.

The new 2.5-25 x 52 would fit your needs spot on. The Reticule is down to your use.

T

.... MTR3 reticle. But before I take the plunge I'd just like to hear a few opinions for you March owners please....

Andy.

I like the MTR3 reticle, but reticles are a matter of personal choice. I suggest you try some reticles before you buy. I don't like reticles that aren't attached to the circumference of the scope, but that's probably due to 50 years of looking through scopes like that.

Regards

JCS

Mick,

I swapped my 5-25 S&B for the 3-24x42 March, obviously the light 'gathering' of the S&B was better, but the difference in size swung it for me.

Now there is the 3-24x 52 March do not think there is much in it, know which one I'd go for.

Whatever way you go it's a lot of money - so look through both before you jump.

Personally do not feel you will be disappointed with either, the March is the new kid, the S&B the old reliable :D

T

Does anybody stock March scopes in the northwest so I can have a look at a few models or is it only Gary that keeps a stock down in Crawley?

Dave's kindly said I can have a look at his March but having a gander at a few more won't do any harm!

Cheers Andy

Personally I would go for a 5-50x56 or the 5-40x56, suitable for on the range and in the field, but if you're doing low light shooting then I would suggest the illuminated ret.

There will be plenty of March scopes at the F class shoot at Diggle at the end of this month, I'm sure with prior arrangement a few of us would be willing to let you have a look.

Ive just purchased a 5-40 x 56 FX, compared to a 8-32 Nightforce its so much clearer, and the reticule is superb.

Not inexpensive, but the best never is….

I have 2 March scopes.

2.5-25 x 42 & 5-50 x 56 both are very good.

I sold both my S&B PM2's after warranty problems and faults.

I personally think the March's are better for a number of reasons over some scopes...weight, overall size and zoom ratio.

It will be another on my next build, but you need to look through a few to make your own mind up.

I like JCS have the MTR3 ret on both scopes and love it, but again it's down to personal choice.

M

Hi Andy

further to Elwood's suggestion let me know which scope you would like to view and you can take a look at Diggle, I will be up on the Friday before the comp if its any good? I will be shooting Sat/Sun as well.

regards

Gary

thinking of buying my first march for my new custom 243,use it for long range crows/rabbits and targets steel/paper out to 1000 yards.I currently own a nxs 8-32x56 with npr2 ret.

Would I be right in saying the mtr3 is very close to the nf npr2 in reticle thickness and that the mtr1 might be too fine to see while varmint shooting ?

I chose the MTR3 over the MTR1 for its extra thickness for both my short range and long range rifles

I seem to be always shooting in rain or near dark!

I have looked through a MTR1 on the range and found it too fine for my old eyes, especially against black and in bright light.

I also like a "bracketed" reticle, one which extended's to the edge of the glass not floating.

Just a personal view

Mark

Archived