atlas bipod

Swap your front swivel for a flush cup one and then it will fit direct to the atlas rails

ok found this but, no answer on the phone so not sure weather it would fit, plus not heard of them, are they ok to deal with.

http://ant-supplies.co.uk/Pages/SwivelStudRailKit.aspx

That looks air soft quality but I could be wrong and for a tenner it's no huge loss if it did fail.

Apart from damage to your rifle and scope if it did! This is a better option I reckon : http://www.tacfiresystems.co.uk/store/rifle-accessories/ar15-m4-accessories/blackhawk-stud-to-picatinny-rail-adapter/

I have one the rail adaptors in that link, it works OK but is quite tall which makes the bipod sit a long way from the stock when folded and I would really like a better solution.

Jungle_re what is the bit about changing the stud for flush cup all about?

I bought one of those 'airsoft quality' mounts. It's awful! Bends and flops all over the place

I've currently got the t nuts and bolts to just drill a little hole in the stock and mount a rail. Planning on starting tomorrow

Biggest problem with the cheap adapter for a QD stud is that the tall extra QD stud part is too close to the short section of rail for the Atlas clamp to go in the single slot, so you have to have only half the clamp on the rail at all.

Also, if you want one for some other reason, don't pay £10 for one! they are much less direct from china on fleabay.

• 10 months later...

I have one the rail adaptors in that link, it works OK but is quite tall which makes the bipod sit a long way from the stock when folded and I would really like a better solution.

Jungle_re what is the bit about changing the stud for flush cup all about?

Do you still find the bipod is not a solid fit to the rail? It still moves about, or is there anyway to tighten it in to the rail more ??

Cheers Gaz

Apart from damage to your rifle and scope if it did! This is a better option I reckon : http://www.tacfiresystems.co.uk/store/rifle-accessories/ar15-m4-accessories/blackhawk-stud-to-picatinny-rail-adapter/

I use the same one and never had a problem, my advice would be its easier to pay the extra 20 quid now rather than wish you had when the cheap one has snapped!

I use the same one and never had a problem, my advice would be its easier to pay the extra 20 quid now rather than wish you had when the cheap one has snapped!

Does your atlas fit tight to rail or does it have movement

Gaz

When I put my atlas to the rail, the atlas moves on the rail, the rail doesn't move

Gaz

It doesn't move there either, not sure if yours is the same but mines the quick release version, pretty sure it shouldn't move either way.

It doesn't move there either, not sure if yours is the same but mines the quick release version, pretty sure it shouldn't move either way.

Mines quick release and it rattles about on the rail

Gaz

Archived