2014 Accuracy International Rifles

Scotch_egg

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, interesting development the new AI rifles!

What I will say is that if any of the people who are following this thread choose to sell an AE MKIII, please drop me a pm as I may be in the market for one!

Has anyone on here ordered any of the new releases yet?

I lied, after only two days I'm in love with the AXMC............. :wub:

Haha. Welcome to the club! I'm happy for the moment, but I'll be trading up to one later in the year when funds permit....

I had an email today equally confirming that a spare .308 barrel, bolt & mag for the .338 AXMC is circa. £1,450. At roughly 0.5 lbs heavier than the short action AX, it makes sense to have the one rifle running .260, .308 & .30-338 & .338. There is nothing to facilitate a shorter bolt throw on the .308 long action, but in reality it's not that much slower and I can't see it causing a problem on times for almost all UK shoots. The ability to easily take it down and fit everything into a very small Peli really appeals (while still being a conventional bolt action), making traveling with a .308 & .338 a lot easier.

Some are hopefully landing in a couple of weeks, with the next expected in 2-3 months time.

Edit: AE basically sold to PCal - anyone wanting a TRG 42 drop me a pm....

Don't like he big AI USA sign in the background very disappointing.

Also don't like the fact for side pic rails you have to first add a keyhole rail then attach it to that, two rails take the place on one say compared to viper skins.

I still think he AT looks a nice weapon

The USA sign disappointed me a little too....

I'd guess things like the key hole system being an extra are there to help keep the cost of the base rifle down, I for one am quite happy to keep the base cost down and make things extras you can add yourself.

There is nothing to facilitate a shorter bolt throw on the .308 long action

If the bolt stop is as I recall, one that sticks further forward a bit more is not a difficult thing to make. Grind the new piece back a little at a time until there is just a long enough stroke to cycle.

Just saw my post on snipershide , and the reason IT , the image was pulled IS the rifles are not released YET , OHhh , really , and they are using a different QD system on the MC as opposed the PSR , they look the same to me , so thats just BS , pure and simple .

The PSR has been sold in limited numbers around the world , so WHY was the image pulled ? , really ? .

And even IF the above reason was true , WHY pull ? , as IF they can keep it a secret when it IS sold to every one ?

Cheers Chris

The whole AI launch doesn't sit well with me and I can't put my finger on why?

It doesn't make sense that during the end of a recession, a luxury good like this is being effectively reduced in price and yet 'upgraded' at the same time.

There must be some serious economies of scales somewhere behind the scene for this to make current commercial sense.

If it's not materials and barrel production it's going to be in the design itself.

The other credible options are either an en-masse production/manufacturer switch to another country; or a tactical reposition of the civilian brand to maximise after-sales before retail sales. (I.e sell stuff to people that they think they need, once a discounted 'sales-vehicle' is provided to them, like an iPhone providing the iTune sales for instance )

And why kill a world-wide 'hyper' brand such as the AW and replace it with a arguably 'TactiCool' alternative; that people are already questioning in terms of real-world application, were it even relevant to the vast majority of us?

The AT looks like a fugly Viper Skins with some arguably irrelevant features such as the IR rail. The AX like some SOCOM wet-dream.

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong? ...that AI make all their killer-deals in the military sales arena - and are doubling their efforts to capture the US civilian market?

Either way I'd put money on this either going REALLY well, or REALLY bad for them.

It's a very audacious move indeed and could alienate some existing customer values

Could it be because the wars are winding down and Accuracy see their biggest customers (various Militaries) slowing down on purchases in the coming years?

Also, maybe they think that for the most part 7,62 has had its day and there's no real military use for it now that .338 has and is becoming more accepted, so therefore there's no real need for the AW rifle any more except for Police etc, and if that's the case then why have two rifles competing against each other, namely the AW & AE.

And with a slowing down of military contracts along with a growing civilian following, they might very well see this as the way ahead.

I don't know, but that's how I would see it

Could it be because the wars are winding down and Accuracy see their biggest customers (various Militaries) slowing down on purchases in the coming years?

Also, maybe they think that for the most part 7,62 has had its day and there's no real military use for it now that .338 has and is becoming more accepted, so therefore there's no real need for the AW rifle any more except for Police etc, and if that's the case then why have two rides competing against each other, namely the AW & AE.

And with a slowing down of military contracts along with a growing civilian following, they might very well see this as the way ahead.

I don't know, but that's how I would see it

Seems sensible to me.

I wonder if the new style butt assembly (folding over the bolt) is available as an aftermarket accessory for the AX……?

I have been following this thread and I don't have the answers to why accuracy international have done what they have done but what I do know is they make and hopefully they still do make a bloody good rifle I have a lot of faith in my AI AE MK111 308 and love shooting it I don't care what model you talk about they all seem to shoot well and not fussy about what bullet best rifle I own and its staying.

I wonder if the new style butt assembly (folding over the bolt) is available as an aftermarket accessory for the AX……?

Tom Irwin has replied to a thread on snipershide saying it may be an upgrade in the future, factory fit only. He also mused that they may offer the AX chasis as an upgrade to the AW legacy stocked rifles.

Don't like he big AI USA sign in the background very disappointing.

wonder if Malcolm Cooper NBE is spinning fast enough in his grave to generate electricity.

also wonder if in 10 years AI will be like Sig Sauer.......another Great American company :(

Sure would be interesting to fined out, I would like one on my aw to be honest,,

Oh yes my AW will be staying with me, no matter what they bring out,,

It is just one awesome rifle :wub:

Darrel ;)

Accuracy International will be at the British Shooting Show at Stoneleigh next month to exhibit the new product lines. Please stop by and meet us and learn about the new products and our Company. We cannot sell any products at the show but our retail distributor Sporting Services UK will be receiving stock of the new products for sale within the next month so they should be contacted for pricing and availability.

We don't post much on forums so please understand if we do not reply to all your questions on here, but Brown Dog knows what's going on and will hopefully help with this.

We look forward to seeing you at the British Shooting Show.

Accuracy International will be at the British Shooting Show at Stoneleigh next month to exhibit the new product lines. Please stop by and meet us and learn about the new products and our Company. We cannot sell any products at the show but our retail distributor Sporting Services UK will be receiving stock of the new products for sale within the next month so they should be contacted for pricing and availability.

We don't post much on forums so please understand if we do not reply to all your questions on here, but Brown Dog knows what's going on and will hopefully help with this.

We look forward to seeing you at the British Shooting Show.

Chaps, Alice has asked me to field as many questions as possible; with the new products, her workload has gone through the roof.

Alice great to have you on the forum! I'm not sure weather I can make the show but do you have any idea how long till the AT will be available?

Thanks

Danny

AT availability should or could be measured in weeks rather than months. That's the plan / intent.

Is it true these new rifles will be made by Mauser in Germany ???

No. AI is a fiercely British business.

Archived