2014 Accuracy International Rifles

Scotch_egg

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danny, I think historically it's varied according to moon phase between Archer, Border and Lothar- I'll have to ask.

Danny,

I've checked; my answer above is correct. Current supplier is predominantly Lothar Walther - but all barrels are made to exact same spec regardless of mfr.

BD a question just popped into my head. With the new switch barrel set up on the AT how does the barrel head space?

Danny, this is the answer directly from the Engineering Department:

"All components that are involved in the build-up of cartridge headspace are produced within strict tolerance bands.

Thus if all components are within their required tolerance, headspace will be within factory limits & interchange-ability (ICY) achieved.

In service, obviously components experience wear, thus the limit of max headspace should be checked regularly to ensure safe operation. This fact is true for quick-lock & conventional barrel change systems operated by Accuracy international.

As the weapons systems experience use & misuse, individual components may wear & should be treated as serviceable items by Accuracy international."

To which was added:

"The simple answer is as long as the barrel is screwed in flush and tight it will head space, unless it is worn."

The new AT rifles will leave the factory next week and be delivered to our UK distributor, Sporting Services. As a UK manufacturer we wanted to make sure that customers in the UK had the first opportunity to experience this new product.

We will also have AT and AX rifles and new model AICS at the British Shooting Show, Stoneleigh next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to everyone that visited our stand at the British Shooting Show at Stoneleigh. We had the new 2014 models of the AXMC338, AX308 and AT308 on display as well as the new AX and AT chassis systems. It was a great show and we enjoyed meeting everyone.

Ok guys who among you have got one of the first batch of the new AX MC?

A mate of mine was told today that the first ones have all gone and no more for at least 2 months!

So dont be shy :):) share a pic of two with the rest of us!

Now as this info came straight from SS :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have been told that they are still waiting for the first lot to be delivered from AI. which should have been in Jan, then should have been last week and then this week! AI still hasn't delivered anything!

Im waiting for an AX!

Archived