Thomas Hagland Rear Bags

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would appreciate dibs on anyone who drops out. This all moved rather quickly from the first posting. I have to say I would be rather disappointed if I end uo not getting one. I for one was prepared to pay up front had I been asked.

Well that might be the case in Ireland but here in the UK you will get hit for VAT and Duty, Norway is not in the EU so we are not excerpt Customs Charges.

It does not make any difference UK/Ireland as Norway is part of the European Economic Area and as such, has "free interchange" rights for goods and services with any country in the EU, see below

European Economic Area[edit]

The EEA agreement grants Norway access to the EU's single market while the country is to adopt most EU legislation related to that market. Additionally, Norway is a part of theSchengen Area, and has been granted participation rights (save voting rights) in several of the Union's programmes, bodies and initiatives.[2] These include the European Defence Agency, the Nordic Battle Group, Frontex, Europol and the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction. Whether or not the country should apply for full membership has been one of the most dominant and divisive issues in modern Norwegian political debate.

It does not make any difference UK/Ireland as Norway is part of the European Economic Area and as such, has "free interchange" rights for goods and services with any country in the EU, see below

The EEA agreement grants Norway access to the EU's single market while the country is to adopt most EU legislation related to that market. Additionally, Norway is a part of theSchengen Area, and has been granted participation rights (save voting rights) in several of the Union's programmes, bodies and initiatives.[2] These include the European Defence Agency, the Nordic Battle Group, Frontex, Europol and the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction. Whether or not the country should apply for full membership has been one of the most dominant and divisive issues in modern Norwegian political debate.

Well, despite that VAT and Duty are still payable from goods imported from Norway by individuals into the UK as Norway is not a member of the EU. Norway being pat of some other club does not exclude full members of the EU having to pay taxes on goods imported.

Well, despite that VAT and Duty are still payable from goods imported from Norway by individuals into the UK as Norway is not a member of the EU. Norway being part of some other club does not exclude full members of the EU having to pay taxes on goods imported.

You are not correct John. Norway being a member of the EFA is specifically designed to allow the flow of goods and services between Norway and the EU without them being subject to Duties and VAT , in either direction. I know this from personal experience and from checking the rules of the EFA. I researched this in advance of buying a Grodas stock which came straight in without any Duty or Vat as it would have If I lived in the UK.

Not just me then. I don't quite know what being in the EU club and out of it in the EFTA brings but its not exempt VAT and Duty.

The EFTA membership just means that goods from these countries can pass though member states without paying VAT or Duty until they reach their final destination, at which time VAT and duty are due.

So if you did not pay it on goods sent then it just means customs did not pick up on that package.

It is not the EFTA it is the EEA. It is all confusing. Maybe the Conservative party's apparent ambiguous relationship with the EU has resulted in an ambiguous attitude on the part of those who apply Vat and duty on imports. Blame your MP if you get hit.

The EFTA membership just means that goods from these countries can pass though member states without paying VAT or Duty until they reach their final destination, at which time VAT and duty are due.

So if you did not pay it on goods sent then it just means customs did not pick up on that package.

This sums it up very well

If you didn't get caught for Duty its because you were a lucky boy :)

Wikipedia is not the answer to everything.

How about this then?

Norway Goods

Updated 10/2012

Legal requirements

The EEA Agreement states that there should be free movement of goods within the areas covered by the Agreement.

The rules on the free movement of goods forbid various kinds of barrier to trade. Typical barriers to trade might be various taxes and import and export restrictions. All taxes or equivalent economic burdens placed on goods because they cross a frontier are forbidden.

Goods covered by the EEA Agreement are also exempt from customs duty. This exemption is, however, conditional on the importer presenting proof that the goods originate within the EEA (Certificate of Origin). As the EEA Agreement does not mean inclusion in the EU Customs Union, a customs declaration is still required at borders between Norway and the EU.

• Enterprise Europe Network - Free movement of goods lang_no.gif

Legal requirements:

From this web site http://europa.eu/youreurope/business/vat-customs/buy-sell/index_en.htm#norway_en_selling-goods

BTW the exporter sent a Certificate of Origin with the package.

• Why am I bothering? I knew I did not have to pay duty or vat. I did not pay duty or vat. If you did you should not have. Claim it back

If it's not too late please put me down for one. Thanks

Sorry matey but I think they are all accounted for. If all goes okay with this order i might do another. I wanted two bags but they went that quickly I've only been left with one.

I had no idea this was a first come, first serve, free for all.

I committed for a green/green here and on Stalking Directory. Now they are all gone?! How does that work? Who has the green/green that I ordered.

Slick.

Please let me know if you run another, and how I can avoid this disappointment next time.

Archived