boo boo

1967spud

any boo boo shooters out there as i am now thinking about a new heavy gun build approx 70lb weight to keep up with mr lenton

I don't know about Tony Marsh's version, but Pete Wilson won the F-Class League in its early (1st year?) days with the 7mm Boo Boo, an 'improved' and necked-down 8X68mm RWS. It makes the 7WSM look a modest shy little thing!

ok thanks its still an idea at the moment as i need to get an action on order which will take a while im expect

I don't know about Tony Marsh's version, but Pete Wilson won the F-Class League in its early (1st year?) days with the 7mm Boo Boo, an 'improved' and necked-down 8X68mm RWS. It makes the 7WSM look a modest shy little thing!

Yes,a real fun gun.I shot at the next bench to a 30 BooBoo .At 1000y,it halved the wind drift,but the muzzle brake added about one plus moa to my 308 drift!

Gbal

7mm or 30 Blaser may be a good starting point for a modern efficient cartridge,,,,,if you can get brass..

A couple of us are toying with the idea of a 30 Blaser using 215 hybrids..for F Class

No I mean 7mm or 300 Blaser Magnums

Not rimmed

Case capacity is 10 - 20% larger than WSM case (visually comparison)

Based on 404 Jeffries case, should handle heavy 30 cal bullets slightly better (faster) than 300 WSM due to larger case capacity.

Reamer ordered anyways…with a little modifications here and there...

Hi new to this i shoot a 30 boo-boo best rifle i have ever used ,shoot 210vld 3050fps and215 hybrids 3000fps H1000 77grns for 210 and 76 for 215 shoots 5 shot groups a 5 pence piece would cover .i bought 200 rws cases weighed them used 20 have had over 600 rds with them still going strong ,used to shoot lots of long range comps got to expensive and health reasons just into long range deer and varmints

Sorry to show my ignorance here, but apart from the pic of the howitzer and the link with Yogi Bear, what's boo boo?

The 7mm (BooBoo)and 30 (Yogi) cartridges are (Tooley) wildcat cartridges,based on the 8x68 case-so "magnums'/big boomers,which had a brief spell of usage some years ago in 1000y Bench Rest in custom rifles.According to Dave Tooley,the names were just a bit of fun,and not SAAMI legitimised.Never remotely popular,there were/are a few still in UK use.

Gbal

Archived