boo boo

1967spud

Hi new to this i shoot a 30 boo-boo best rifle i have ever used ,shoot 210vld 3050fps and215 hybrids 3000fps H1000 77grns for 210 and 76 for 215 shoots 5 shot groups a 5 pence piece would cover .i bought 200 rws cases weighed them used 20 have had over 600 rds with them still going strong ,used to shoot lots of long range comps got to expensive and health reasons just into long range deer and varmints

Now here, folks, is a chap (albeit Scottishish) that CAN shoot - but don't tell the bigheaded ******!!!!.

(how ya doin bigman?)

Des, No immediate plans to get back into target shooting just now. Going for a bone marrow transplant around March. Attending hospital every 3 weeks at the moment for treatment. Still managing to shoot a few deer. If you fancy coming down for some venison stew, give us a shout. Would be good to catch up.

Shuggie

PS Who's the guy from Leicester?? Any praise from Leicester's a good thing!!

Hi all i think the original boo-boo was 30 cal and the yogi was 338 cal if iam wrong sure some one will correct me shuggie

Shuggie, you are quite right-the BooBoo was the 30 cal,and the mighty Yogi was a super mag 338 - my memory has never quite been the same since standing too close (ie 30 feet) to Dave Ryan test firing his Yogi beast .

Gbal

Shuggie, you are quite right-the BooBoo was the 30 cal,and the mighty Yogi was a super mag 338 - my memory has never quite been the same since standing too close (ie 30 feet) to Dave Ryan test firing his Yogi beast .

Gbal

Checking back n my correspondence about twelve years,Dave Tooley's 'proprietary' reamers included:

25 Boo Boo

6.5 Boo Boo

7mm Boo Boo

30 Boo Boo

300 Yogi

338 Yogi

HV 7mm

HV 30

HV 338

The base cartridges for these three families might have been the 8x68,338L,and 404 Jeffrey ,respectively.

The 300 Boo Boo gave 180G @3120;the HV7mm 180@3600-all approx-the HV7 with a 36 inch barrel and 35 lb weight.

The 30 Remington Ultra mag factory was 180@3300,for comparison.See the Allen ultra mags (et al) for other ballistic behemoths...

be interesting to see what some of these might do with accurate 30 cal 220g @(min) 2650fps- if shootable.

Gbal

My 30-338 LapMag will comfortably shoot the 240gr SMK @ 2800 fps; more if pushed. I haven't used it with the 230 Bergers yet, but I'd imagine at @ around 3,000 fps with a 0.743 G1 B.C., it would be a hard combintion to beat! It currently shoots in the .2's at 100 yards and has shot many sub 5" 1000 yard groups off the bipod, often in less than ideal conditions. Recoil with a brake or mod really isn't that much in a 20lbs rifle - so at 3 or 4 times the weight would be a nothing at all. The muzzle blast however is noticeable to those around it......

Ask the Grinch :ph34r: - or should I say 'sixshooter'.

I remember the time you said to old davey if i had shot that deer at that range you would eat his bunnet ,then you went and got a custom rifle built and never looked back mate . You never did eat that bunnet

I remember the time you said to old davey if i had shot that deer at that range you would eat his bunnet ,then you went and got a custom rifle built and never looked back mate . You never did eat that bunnet

That made oi larf!!!. Good days.

• 8 months later...

Went up and met Hugh last month, shot his 30 Boo Boo and bagged myself a nice roebuck, what a calibre, what a guy.

Nice buck it was as well ;)

Shuggi sure knows his stuff, that's for sure and is one generous guy :)

Hope things go well

Gaz

7mm or 30 Blaser may be a good starting point for a modern efficient cartridge,,,,,if you can get brass..

Shot a .30 recently Andy in a std weight unbraked sporter and it was "enough" in the power dep't :wacko:

Archived