Forced to watch im a celebrity

onelesscharlie

Eight o clock duly arrived and I got everything ready for a few hours foxing, last thing to do was go to the gunroom and grab the rifle, mag and night vision.

Turned the key in the BS cabinet and it stopped after a quarter turn, for the next hour I tried everything...

pushed, pulled, tweaked, cursed, lubricated, filed and then cursed some more.

Only reasonably dark night for over a week and im sat in watching grade c celebrities making idiots of themselves.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR not happy.

Eight o clock duly arrived and I got everything ready for a few hours foxing, last thing to do was go to the gunroom and grab the rifle, mag and night vision.

Turned the key in the BS cabinet and it stopped after a quarter turn, for the next hour I tried everything...

Only reasonably dark night for over a week and im sat in watching grade c celebrities making idiots of themselves.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR not happy.

Take the angle grinder to it!!.. :ph34r: ...got in 10 mins ago..got two!..this years cubs,both boys..in same field..brothers methinks :P

GRRRRRRRRRRRR not happy.

Happened to me once; realised a shotgun had fallen/moved such that it was leaning on the lock and stopping it moving. The cure was to take a steel rod and pass it through the key hole to force/push the shotgun away from the lock. May be something similar, could be worth a look.

It also happend to my BS safe. I called them and they were going to send a lock smith out but it was going to take a few days. I you tube lock picking and watched this clip, ten minuits later it was open. Took the lock out cleaned and oiled it and its still working now three years later.

Hope this helps

hi have you tried pressing against the door whilst turning the key ,I once had a rifle sling closed in the door without knowing ,have you tried a good thump with a rubber hammer ,

you need to book yourself in for a counselling course minimum 6 sessions after last night :lol:

I once put the wrong key in the bottom lock instead of the top lock. It turned just about half a turn and then wouldn't go back or forward. Had to drill the hardened steel out around the lock to get it out took ages and quite a few drill bits. Eventually got the key out. Had to re weld the lock in, filled it smooth and a lick of paint as good as new.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR not happy.

Should have taken my offer of a nights foxing, at least you would have seen some getting shot :lol: Told you before you need decent kit. ! :D

Unlucky mate, had 5 Friday night round 4 pig farms, Sunday out first light seen one no shot on so when back that night change area to sit and got him sure it was the same one real dark tail on him ;)

Same thing happened to me some years back...It was a Brattonsound cabinet. The company sent a locksmith who opened the lock by applying extra pressure on the key (I was afraid to force it in case it broke in the lock). He also did change the lock FOC and gave me two spare keys.

Although inconvenient at the time, I cannot fault the service...

best wishes,

Finman

Archived