youtube videos

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See Silhouette Shooting in USA,get some idea of 1,2,3,4,5 shot hits-though not at 1200y!

Also with pistols!

Gbal

yes , wasn't it based on some kind of Mexican 'sport' but it uses steel silhouette's rather than live tethered animals?

Its great that he's contributing to the precision rifle community, any one on here made many informative videos to share?

I don't like listening to Nick Clegg's speeches.

Nor do I like listening to Cameron or Milliband.

Is that OK, or must I try for parliament before I may venture that opinion?

I don't like listening to the Sex Pistols, but I've never tried to make a record.

The righteous indignation in this thread makes me chortle. :lol:

A fellow known as 'Juba' did a lot of vids on pulling off tricky shots in difficult conditions........Google him and see if you like them......but do note that there's a lot of difficult shooting in Juba's videos , so please focus on the shooting element and don't venture an opinion on whether Juba's politics are to your taste.

Not for a minute am I suggesting that this Fundamentalist hick falls into the category above.....but when some of you stop tripping over yourselves to be PC; perhaps it'd be worth remembering that part of 'free choice'; in fact, part of being intelligent, is

1. Being able to evaluate sources and

2. Being able choose whether we care to listen to them. :)

Well done to this 101 chap for making money out of youtube. Good luck to him.

But, when asked whether I like listening to 'quirky stuff' from a source of unknown provenance; I feel entitled to say 'No'.

'No I don't like listening to quirky stuff from a source of unknown provenance'.

....or should this thread have started with: 'Do you like these 101 vids? (Only answer if you're going to say 'yes'.)' ? :lol:

:)

yes , wasn't it based on some kind of Mexican 'sport' but it uses steel silhouette's rather than live tethered animals?

Yes.Now sanitised,standardised,and with pro rata variations for pistols etc but the rifle basics are 5 shots offhand at each of:

Chickens 13x11 (w/h)" at 200

Javelina 22x14 300

Turkey 19x23 385

Ram 32x27 500

They need to be knocked over to score,so quite a bit of clout (1200 ft lb for rams) so 308 class cartridge,about 8lb rifle.

And yes,sometimes all 20 go down.

Gbal

I believe the sport of silhouette shooting had its origins in Pancho Villa's gang , who shot at the real things purely for fun.

Its a great sport. I,ve shot it with scaled down targets for airguns and also .22 rimfires.

Its incredibly difficult as all shots are taken standing.

Yes.Now sanitised,standardised,and with pro rata variations for pistols etc but the rifle basics are 5 shots offhand at each of:

Chickens 13x11 (w/h)" at 200

Javelina 22x14 300

Turkey 19x23 385

Ram 32x27 500

They need to be knocked over to score,so quite a bit of clout (1200 ft lb for rams) so 308 class cartridge,about 8lb rifle.

And yes,sometimes all 20 go down.

Gbal

Bit off topic but:

Actually 40 shots, 10 off each proportionally life size target, distances are traditionally in meters as it came from Mexico (one of the few things metric in US shooting), 1200 ft.lb not necessary and the 7-08 emerged from this sport.

Apart from that good post ;)

Dave, indeed a really great sport, I shot it BPCR for a few years with the Youpon Creek club in Texas. It's not for all as it's either down or a miss so you score can can be pretty humbling :( shame we cannot shoot it here at the FB distance.

Terry

I believe the sport of silhouette shooting had its origins in Pancho Villa's gang , who shot at the real things purely for fun.

Its a great sport. I,ve shot it with scaled down targets for airguns and also .22 rimfires.

Its incredibly difficult as all shots are taken standing.

Wouldn't work here Dave,

They'd all only want to take them from the prone position I'm sure

Archived