6mmBr Valkyrie

Here's a nice little gun I finished last week for Dan off here.

Its a Valkyrie Odin in 6mmBr.

IMG_1604_zps80552bd1.jpg

The barrel is a Border Archer [if I remember correctly ] 1 in 8" twist. Its a standard spec PTG reamer with a suitable throat for 105 grain bullets. No turn neck. Nothing fancy at all. It is headspaced tightly however, as are all my target rifles.

IMG_1607_zps17367d5e.jpg

It has a barley twist bolt and Rifle basix trigger.

The action is optimised to run the little cartridge straight from a standard AICS magazine, and the bolt runs a small diameter firing pin.

The barrelled action is finished in Cerakote Armour black , and the brake is a pepperpot style [not pictured ]

IMG_1606_zps8c485064.jpg

The stock is an XLR in black. It just needs a picatinny rail fitting underneath for an Atlas and it will be off to its new owner.

Had the opportunity to test it on friday afternoon with a bunch of the PR guys who sometimes get together for a plink at 100 yards , so I made up some rounds to an old recipie that shot well in an old sako I used to own. These also feed beautifully due to their length.

I bore sighted the rifle and walked 3 rounds up and onto a sighter target.

I then proceeded to shoot a 5 round group with the mod fitted, then let it cool and changed it for its brake, and fired another 5 round group. The POI changed slightly, but the group sizes stayed the same.

IMG_1608_zpse3a4c5a1.jpg

Witnessed by quite a few Diggle members who were quite astounded.

Shot off a harris bipod with a rear bean bag.

Indeed Onehole.

I just slapped a 5.5 - 22 nxs on it to test it. I strongly suspect those groups would have been smaller had I used a 32 power scope.

Thats an old load that was not particularly fast....just very accurate.

Archived