My new .22br sako with a Joe West rifle stock

Sako .22br with a Joe west stock feels nice and shoots well, this will be my NV rifle,

The stock took me a day to get it looking like this , had to do a little bit of work to the inlet as it was tight and gave it 5 coats of oil using 00.00 wire wool between coats.

IMG_1214_zps97bb01f5.jpg

IMG_1217_zps5ba299fa.jpg

IMG_1219_zpscd3d558a.jpg

IMG_1220_zpsd587f90d.jpg

Thank you for all the nice comments B)

It's a 1 in 12 twist I'm running v-max 55gr with 30.00g of N135 @ 3560fps I've been told its a bit slow :rolleyes: would like to get a bit more consistence out of her which will come with a bit more development work.

Thank you for all the nice comments B)

It's a 1 in 12 twist I'm running v-max 55gr with 30.00g of N135 @ 3560fps I've been told its a bit slow :rolleyes: would like to get a bit more consistence out of her which will come with a bit more development work.

chuck some 50 vmaxs out of it with 32.0 gns n135 you will get 3850 fps :) .

a foxs nightmare.

Sako .22br with a Joe west stock feels nice and shoots well, this will be my NV rifle,

The stock took me a day to get it looking like this , had to do a little bit of work to the inlet as it was tight and gave it 5 coats of oil using 00.00 wire wool between coats.

IMG_1220_zpsd587f90d.jpg

IMG_1219_zpscd3d558a.jpg

IMG_1214_zps97bb01f5.jpg

nice stick mate welldone, regards lee

chuck some 50 vmaxs out of it with 32.0 gns n135 you will get 3850 fps :) .

a foxs nightmare.

thats the same load steve kershaw recommended to me last year i got 100 fps more out of a 22" barrel great fun on pigeons.using same load but now use the 53gr vmax

Great looking stock, and really nice colouring. Which laminate colour is it?

Its the Black & Grey which I think is out of stock at the moment but contact them if you are interested in this colour as I could be wrong.

Its the Black & Grey which I think is out of stock at the moment but contact them if you are interested in this colour as I could be wrong.

Its just black, We have ordered a small quantity of this colour to see us through until we are making our own laminate,.Well done Geoff ,I told you finishing the stock would be easy. She sure does look good.

thats the same load steve kershaw recommended to me last year i got 100 fps more out of a 22" barrel great fun on pigeons.using same load but now use the 53gr vmax

i use that load in a rifle that was steves own although when i first bought it from him i used 40 vmaxs -iv not tried the 53vmax as i have a few 50,s.

Lovely rifle.

Does it feed the 22br rounds ok ?

When it comes to a magazine feed rifle the 22br isn't one of the best rounds for it, I will say with the Sako its ok, you have to be very smooth with the loading of each bullet into the chamber.

whats the 22br like for barrel life pal..as it seems the way forward with what i read..

I done a fair bit of research on this and its like most rifles , if you put a small bullet head down a barrel at high speed it will decrease the life span, this is why I started at 3500 fps and will go to around 3700 fps .

I know Ballistic Hamster (Glen) who has done some phenomenal shots with this calibre which made my mind up to have one, he is now running another .22br and I think he is using 32.6gr of powder to my 30.0gr , I will try and do some more development work and keep you posted.

i use that load in a rifle that was steves own although when i first bought it from him i used 40 vmaxs -iv not tried the 53vmax as i have a few 50,s.

they must fly pritty quick, got some for the hornet maybe i'll give them a try.going to try some 60gr vmax over some rl15 see how they do

Easily and with 31 gains of powder.

and with less recoil/noise

Archived